Walkies This Weekend

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Walkies this weekend.

Okay folks, i currently have Myself, Sandy and two of our friends, Freddie & Sue, Ian & Lisa confirmed for walking. There have been expressions of interest in the walks from two other attendees on the threads.
Les is at The Paignton Bike Festival so won't be able to walk. However, it does provide another destination for anyone interested in seeing more bike stuff on a bike biased weekend away.

If people are happy, i'm going to do a shorter walk to the south of Wimbleball on Saturday. This will provide a leisurely amble to warm those unconditioned legs up for Sunday. It will take us along the lake, down the river and over Haddon Hill, and will require a short drive/ride to the car park. We will have a car with us, so people can ride and leave their kit locked away in our boot if necessary. It's only a short distance back to Dulverton for a spot of lunch and/or a mooch around before heading back to the campsite.

On Sunday we'll be walking from Dulverton, so another short trip in the car or on the bikes for us, with gear stashed in the car boot again. Bike parking in the car park at Dulverton is free. Depending on what time we manage to start the walk - i envisage around 1000 hrs - the distance can be varied to suit for the morning stint. We'll be heading north, towards Winsford, then west, towards Withypool, and then we follow the River Barle back to Dulverton, with lunch at Tarr Farm.
I'm going to book a table for 8 people on Sunday. If anyone else wishes to do the Sunday walk and would like lunch, i need to know asap.

Can I book a place for Sat, Rich

Helen would like to walk with you guys and would require a lift, if poss to the start and finish:thumb (as I'll be riding offroad)

Rich - Cal and I will probably be up for both.

What time are you heading out on Saturday?

Rich - Cal and I will probably be up for both.

What time are you heading out on Saturday?

No rush on saturday, though by 10-ish from the site would be good. It can always be made an afternoon walk if people prefer.

No rush on saturday, though by 10-ish from the site would be good. It can always be made an afternoon walk if people prefer.

Not sure what time we'll arrive tomorrow, so we'll come if your about, but don't wait for us:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom