:thumb Well pleased had £35 change out of £100 taken

Great weekend

£10 CAMPING
£25 PETROL
£5 some BATTRIES for GPS
£10 DINNER and Snacks
£15 DRINKS at the bar

I thought the food was excellent value, clearly your contraption is rather more economical than a 1200 with panniers though.

I came home with change too.

Although the beer was up to £3.20 a pint, the food was very well priced: A basic pie, peas and chips for £6, so no one would starve to death.
...and IJGsers pakoras and bhaji were lovely... no idea what he paid but the Jalfrezi smelled lovely.

:D

Great weekend

£10 CAMPING
£25 PETROL
£5 some BATTRIES for GPS
£10 DINNER and Snacks
£15 DRINKS at the bar

I put more in fuel in the GS than that! never mind the Wobbley Box. Nice to meet you as well!:thumb

I came home with change too.

Although the beer was up to £3.20 a pint, the food was very well priced: A basic pie, peas and chips for £6, so no one would starve to death.
...and IJGsers pakoras and bhaji were lovely... no idea what he paid but the Jalfrezi smelled lovely.

:D

£ 7.95 i believe and i didn't have to pay to camp because i had no tent :thumb
and yes it was yummy. Didn't like the sausages in the morning though.

i didn't have to pay to camp because i had no tent :thumb

I really can't believe you said that.

Richard negotiated a fantastice price for camping or should we call that an overnight stay rate? Hot showers and toilets were supplied - I assume you crapped in the woods, never washed and didn't use them? The landlady of the pub told us she was struggling due to the recession and bad weather and had agreed such a low rate because of the pub trade we would bring. To then openly boast that you didn't pay because you slept in your car - you should be ashamed of yourself. Your car has a tin roof doesn't it? Then you should pay the same as a wobblybox IMHO. If you have any decency left in you then you should send Zena a cheque to cover your overnight stay together with an apology. No wonder pubs and camp sites are closing down all over the country. I am sure many of us would like to go back to this venue but if Zena reads this thread she may think twice about giving us such a generous reduction again.

Oh and to add insult to injury you left her grass in a right mess when you stupidly got your car stuck You could have repaired the damage you made before leaving. On top of that you were riding your bike like an idiot around the campsite roads annoying other campers and generally giving motorcycling a bad name. Other folk had the sense to park their cars on hardstandings. If it were me I'd have left you there.

Shame on you.

Bar humbug.

Paid what I was told to we had one tent ! Do you normally pay more than your told down there? And of course your right I crapped in the woods and spent nothing in the pub. Fantastic value for money......

Stop being so self righteous. If she charges more next time it will all be my fault. Now I'm of to do something about this double dip..............

Feck! Cheap round!

Never in my drinking life have I got involed in rounds, Darkhorse and I went for a bimmble and we bought each other a drink, and we did the same on our return, and a nice English man with the Irish group bought me a pint of 6X

Then too bed early

If I go into my local as I do every day I only ever take £1.90 and have a half pint of Bulmers in a pint glass filled with Ice, and never say YES when asked if I want a drink, unless its you. :thumb

Great weekend

£10 CAMPING
£25 PETROL
£5 some BATTRIES for GPS
£10 DINNER and Snacks
£15 DRINKS at the bar

Ment too say I only went for one night not the weekend, normal weekends about a £3,000 hookers and cocaine :D

Ment too say I only went for one night not the weekend, normal weekends about a £3,000 hookers and cocaine :D

I only went for the one night, not the same as you, and Zena was quite clear that it was a two night minimum stay. If I'd known you were only going for Saturday night, I would have suggested you use the pitch I'd left empty, and we could have split the cost, thus allowing you another two nights of your habitual tipple and some money left over too.

I really can't believe you said that.

Hot showers and toilets were supplied - I assume you crapped in the woods, never washed and didn't use them?

The landlady of the pub told us she was struggling due to the recession and bad weather and had agreed such a low rate because of the pub trade we would bring.

To then openly boast that you didn't pay because you slept in your car - you should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh and to add insult to injury you left her grass in a right mess when you stupidly got your car stuck .

On top of that you were riding your bike like an idiot around the campsite roads annoying other campers and generally giving motorcycling a bad name. Other folk had the sense to park their cars on hardstandings.

I have to agree with you Andy and I originally thought the suggestion of a time trial around the site on Sunday morning was a joke .... then I realised he may have actually been serious!

At the end of the day .. campervan, motorhome, panal van, caravan, tent or car .. you stayed on the site overnight, used her facilities and should pay to do so.

I have to agree with you Andy and I originally thought the suggestion of a time trial around the site on Sunday morning was a joke .... then I realised he may have actually been serious!

+1 especially after starting the bike up at 8 am just to ride round and wake people up was definitely not the way to be welcomed at the next rally!

Fair enough if Zena allowed someone to stay over in their car. It shows just how hospitable she is. However, to reward that hospitality with the romping round the site antics was rather lacking in brain matter.

What feckin brain matter:pullface

Out of the 12,000 or so folks that look at this board, 3o ish attended, my reason for posting was the fact that a great day out at an event on here was £2,935 cheaper than a normal saturday night out :)

Also with myself running an event in a few weeks time just wanted to say that fun was had by all.

Back
Top Bottom