Schuberth c3

jacro

Reaction score
Hi,
Ist it possible to remove the fixed chin curtain, and replace, on the c3.
By the way helmetcity have smoke damaged c3 for £225. Bargain.

Jacro, if you haven't already figured it, have a look at the pic below. I can't find the page from the owner manual online (page 72 if you have it there), so I've 'doctored' a pic from the interweb.

Where each of the red arrows are pointing, there is a tab that presses into the helmet itself. The Remove the curtain, unclip the 2 outer ones first, then the 2 next to the flip-front release button. To re-fit, do the opposite.

HTH

schuberth-c3-neck.jpg

edited: If this is the part you meant, of course!

Jacro, if you haven't already figured it, have a look at the pic below. I can't find the page from the owner manual online (page 72 if you have it there), so I've 'doctored' a pic from the interweb.

Where each of the red arrows are pointing, there is a tab that presses into the helmet itself. The Remove the curtain, unclip the 2 outer ones first, then the 2 next to the flip-front release button. To re-fit, do the opposite.

HTH

schuberth-c3-neck.jpg

edited: If this is the part you meant, of course!

Thanks mate, but mine seems to be slightly different, don,t know if this is a new feature. Behind the outer 2 clips which i have removed there seems to be another fixing which has torx screw fixed to chin piece.
Any ideas any one.

Has anyone ever got to the bottom of this?

I get fogging of the Pinlock of my C3 Pro in the rain, and I'd like to be able to remove the chin curtain to add a bit more ventilation.

I can't see an obvious way the fixed curtain can be removed, either.

If the pinlock is fogging it isn't sealing properly against the main visor

I have the same problem and that is exactly what's causing it.
Can't say I'm impressed considering how much it cost!

No, it's not great. I have played around with the adjustment a lot, and have come to the conclusion that better ventilation would be the surest way forward. I can improve the Pinlock's fit so the misting only occurs in traffic in the rain, but at the end of the day it's still a 50p piece of plastic masquerading as a £25 one.

So, how does the chin curtain come out?

I must add that I have had the C2 and C3 and have never had and issue with either steaming up in the worst of weather. I probably remove the pinlock once a month to clean the visor thoroughly and wipe the sealing edge carefully. Is the seal on your pinlock complete and not damaged ?

I must add that I have had the C2 and C3 and have never had and issue with either steaming up in the worst of weather. I probably remove the pinlock once a month to clean the visor thoroughly and wipe the sealing edge carefully. Is the seal on your pinlock complete and not damaged ?

It looks to be.

I resealed it again a couple of days ago, and it performed OK in yesterday's rain. However, I'm wondering if it's as intact as it looks, and will probably end up spending another £26 :eek: for a new one before winter.

According to Schuberth you are supposed to fit the new pinlock to a clean outer visor and then do not remove it after that, every time it is removed it damages the silicon seal and prevents it from sealing correctly afterwards

According to Schuberth you are supposed to fit the new pinlock to a clean outer visor and then do not remove it after that, every time it is removed it damages the silicon seal and prevents it from sealing correctly afterwards

i started to remove my pinlock to clean it not realising it was properly stuck to the visor. since it had come away a bit, i thought i might as well pull it right off. now i have a ring of siliconey gunge on my visor that i cant get off and a pinlock that moves out of position when the visor is raised. probably mists up in the rain too. so what's that, £60 quid up the swanny?

never had anything but grief with pinlocks on three different helmets. i think they're rubbish.

The silicon gunge should clean off with warm soapy water, then you will get away with a new pinlock insert

The 'double glazed' visor on the BMW System 6 helmets works really well, far better than a pinlock. I can't understand why Schuberth, who make the System 6's, don't transfer this technology on to some more of their range. :nenau

Especially as when mentioned above the C3 Pro is so damned expensive! :eek:

I don't know if you are aware that the fit of the actual pinlock visor can be adjusted to tighten it's fit against the helmet visor by adjusting the two locating pegs which are actually cams that can be rotated, thus making the pinlock fit tighter to the helmet visor

Not all visors have the cam, and soapy water isn't removing the gunge.

I don't know if you are aware that the fit of the actual pinlock visor can be adjusted to tighten it's fit against the helmet visor by adjusting the two locating pegs which are actually cams that can be rotated, thus making the pinlock fit tighter to the helmet visor

Yes, thanks. Works to an extent - initial fit was terrible - but after much playing around I reckon the ventilation (or lack of it) is going to be tough to overcome.

Or maybe my head is just especially hot and sweaty!

I find that the vent on the top only works well with the visor down, when the visor's up it seems to block the air flow :nenau

i started to remove my pinlock to clean it not realising it was properly stuck to the visor. since it had come away a bit, i thought i might as well pull it right off. now i have a ring of siliconey gunge on my visor that i cant get off and a pinlock that moves out of position when the visor is raised. probably mists up in the rain too. so what's that, £60 quid up the swanny?

never had anything but grief with pinlocks on three different helmets. i think they're rubbish.

eightysomething quid as it turns out for a visor + pinlock.

hats off to helmet city then, as a quick phone call to them and a new visor and pinlock arrived the next day FOC :thumb2

Chin Curtain

Hi,
Ist it possible to remove the fixed chin curtain, and replace, on the c3.
By the way helmetcity have smoke damaged c3 for £225. Bargain.
Did you manage to resolve this. I am having the same problem. There are two screws that hold the curtain in place but you cannot get to them. Advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom