Oops, another Duke has ended up in the garage...

GEH007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Never been a sports bike rider, love looking at them, admiring their lines and enjoy watching racing of course.

So imagine my surprise when I jumped for this. Well, wouldnt you? Just look at it. In the flesh is so much better than even the pictures can shown, a real thing of beauty. And absolutely incredible to ride. The best fuelling I have ever experienced on a bike. Quite why my Multistrada 1200 cant fuel like this below 3000rpm is beyond me, emissions grrrr.

It's one of the last 999's made with the 143bhp deep sump engine, race swingarm, loads of revisions and this one has lots of extras on it. It will sit under cover on an optimate most of the time, do a few hundred dry miles each year and Im convinced these are heading for classic status. If nothing else, a lovely thing to look at whilst having a beer :thumb2

I'm smitten.

Attachments

• 999-1.jpeg
    999-1.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 999-3.jpeg
    999-3.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 502
  • 999-4.jpeg
    999-4.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 491
  • 999-8.jpeg
    999-8.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 999-9.jpeg
    999-9.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 498
You'd best keep a box of tissues in the garage Gareth:D

A large box has already been nailed to the wall Tim my friend :eek:

It looks to my eye that someone let it out of the factory without finishing the build. Is that what they talk about when they comment on Italian build quality?

:D

Good job, no doubt Rick will call by to knock a quick one off:thumb

That is gorgeous. I like the 999 design better than the 996 that most people bang on about.

Enjoy it, I would love to have one.

:beerjug:

nice....but please remove the stomp grip from the tank - it lloks horrrible (and if it was any use you would see it on GP/WSB/BSB bikes)

Very nice, had a late red one some time ago, regret selling it now. The 999 is one of the few Ducs that I think look good in black too. Looks like its got a termi can which is good as the stock ones cats boil yer borrox in warm weather, mine got seriously toasted on a run to Nice in ambient 35degC, my @rse also took some years to forgive me too.

I too would spend many happy hours with a few beers sitting in the garage just looking.

nice....but please remove the stomp grip from the tank - it lloks horrrible (and if it was any use you would see it on GP/WSB/BSB bikes)

Dont agree at all, it looks shite but it works! It reduced the work load on my thighs and lessened the plum ache at many a track (GSXR1000 K6).

Just sold my Ducati 1198 for a GS but that is fecking gorgeous!

looks good mate. ive got a 2003 999s in red with 3300 miles on the clock and like you its sits on a charge and abba stand under cover most of the time and gets the odd blast out and reckon they are due to go up in price as well

Back
Top Bottom