Petrol tank

Elle

Reaction score
Desperately seeking a petrol tank that will fit a Serow or is a similar shape (eg ttr250)
When my Serow was stolen they mashed the filler to get the locked cap off
It's been fixed enough to ride but it leaks from the filler when on bumpy trails
Need a tank that has a similar filler to be cut out & replace the original

Desperately seeking a petrol tank that will fit a Serow or is a similar shape (eg ttr250)
When my Serow was stolen they mashed the filler to get the locked cap off
It's been fixed enough to ride but it leaks from the filler when on bumpy trails

Try Ellastone Offroad near Uttoxeter (try a Google)

You may get lucky, keep checking Ebay as they appear 1-2 times each month

If you're going to cut out the original filler neck, won't any old tank do? Widens your choice, can't imagine there's that many scrap Serrow tanks about. :nenau
Mark

If you're going to cut out the original filler neck, won't any old tank do? Widens your choice, can't imagine there's that many scrap Serrow tanks about. :nenau
Mark
I thought the same but the guy who has offered to do the work says there isn't enough space on the Serow tank. It's very narrow.

Have a look at the acerbis filler with billet alloy tank closure. I think Rally Raid have some spare now as their design has just changed.
Then your tank just need a plate welding/brazing on to it to allow the closure to be screwed to it.
If you are stuck, I could have a go for you, I like beer in bottles.:thumb2

threaded%20filler%20adaptor.jpg

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/products/Billet_Filler_Adaptor

Have a look at the acerbis filler with billet alloy tank closure. I think Rally Raid have some spare now as their design has just changed.
Then your tank just need a plate welding/brazing on to it to allow the closure to be screwed to it.
If you are stuck, I could have a go for you, I like beer in bottles.:thumb2

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/products/Billet_Filler_Adaptor

I think that's a great suggestion, thank you :thumb2
I called Rally Raid but forgot to ask what the dimensions of it are - presume it's standard and would completely replace the Serow filler.
Thanks for the offer to assist. If the person I know says he can't help, then I'll drop you a PM :type

Back
Top Bottom