Seat

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We are at the end of I nice holiday in France, and my mate is on the new triumph explorer. All through he has been complaining about hoe uncomfortable the seat is. He even bought triumphs comfort seat before going away. Has anyone else had this problem ?.

We are at the end of I nice holiday in France, and my mate is on the new triumph explorer. All through he has been complaining about hoe uncomfortable the seat is. He even bought Triumph's comfort seat before going away. Has anyone else had this problem ?.

Some owners are fine with the seat others have said uncomfortable. Some have said they prefer the standard seat over the comfort one. Unfortunately this is kind of down to the individual rider to a certain extent as no seat will suit everyone. You will find similar comments about the GS seats if you search around this forum.

I would suggest your friend pops along to http://www.tiger-explorer.com for some more in depth info. Some riders have played about with setting front of seat high, back low and they have even found a mod to stop the seat moving if you set this position (which is a no-no according to the manual)

Longest I have spent riding the Explorer Std seat is about 1.5 hours and I found it OK, about the same as the GS seat, could possibly do with being a little better.

No problems here, but it seems entirely down to the rider with some absolutely fine with the standard seat (or the comfort seat) and others hating both!

On test riding a R1200WC this summer, the only real differences I could tell were that the seat was significantly taller and there was less space, other than that they were very similar.

Back
Top Bottom