"Water,Water, everywhere!"

Poucher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sheesh we've had some rain up north this week, so bad I didn't fancy taking the bike out today....but what to do when its been a total deluge all week??

I know!!.........a visit to :-

P1030188Small.jpg

Its on the B6277 through Middleton in Teesdale heading up to Alston in the Pennines, for you non locals :thumb2

Should be a sight to behold after all the water thats been added to it this week, as we got closer, we could hear the thunderous roar

P1030175Small.jpg

Down at water level it was quite spectacular, and it was like someone spraying you with one of those plant mister thingy's :eek

P1030176Small.jpg

Hope this vid clip works, never done one before :confused: click the pic and put the sound on and you can hear the water ROAR!!!

And just to give you an idea of scale, I saw these two people mucking about on the top, god help em if they had fallen in :eek: I might have had to chuck the wife in to save them!! :D:D

P1030185Small.jpg

I know this isn't really a ride report as I was bikeless today, but!!!

BEWARE!! This road through Middleton in Teesdale up to Alston today is covered with sand and gravel that has been washed onto the roads by the recent floods, if anyone is heading up that way one the bike this weekend just be careful cos it would be so easy for the front wheel to tuck under on any one of these gravel covered bends - easy does it up through here.

Cheers,

Poucher :thumb

Last edited:
You can tell it's been a bit damp as there's water on both sides :)

Cauldron Snout would be worth a visit too. Bit further to walk to see it though.

Back
Top Bottom