OFFROADING AT HOGRAOST

BAKERMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry to say due to shortage of guide Nathan being our only one due too injuries and retirments.

Nathans rideouts tend to be for old hands at OFFROADING.

The LOST DOG could be done on a GS ( BIG TRAIL BIKE ) but not for begginers, but we could explain some routes on the LOST DOG that were easyier, and mark the unpassable on the map for you, once we have started.

Nathan please explain whome you can handle :thumb

Ah, I misread it:blast

.....and less of the 'old':D

I'll unpack the KTM then:(

Why? At the minute i'd like to get a few responses from those that want to ride (and what they will be riding), and i'll tailor something to suit the majority- nothing is set in concrete yet.

:thumb2

I know i won't be able to please everyone, but i may have a spare map or 2 if a few people want to do their own thing.

As Steve's lost dog event is tailored towards the big GS's and the like, i'll try and focus my ride on the more off road biased bikes.

I'm thinking of more a medium paced ride at present, but can turn up the fun factor if required :D (well as much as the xchallenge will let me :augie )

I should point out that after all the recent rain, the plain and a lot of the surrounding trails are thick sloppy mud, with plenty of ruts thrown in for good measure.

Nathan

Last edited:
I did the off road ride last year and really enjoyed it, (apart from trev's spill) this years hograost clashes with the Ryedale rally in which I am entered, but because the previous rally (Kielder) was wet and too rutty for my liking I was thinking about not doing the Ryedale and coming to Andover instead however it sounds like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.:eek:

John. (te630)

I did the off road ride last year and really enjoyed it, (apart from trev's spill) this years hograost clashes with the Ryedale rally in which I am entered, but because the previous rally (Kielder) was wet and too rutty for my liking I was thinking about not doing the Ryedale and coming to Andover instead however it sounds like a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.:eek:

John. (te630)

Most of the 'plain should be fine, it does dry out quick if we get a break from the rain.

You shouldn't have a problem on the husky. Some lanes might need to "work" at, but you will get to the end- provided you have "sensible" tyres :blast

This year i want to find a balance, between entertainment, decent miles, getting a sense of achievement, but still having enough energy to enjoy the evenings party :JB:JB:JB:JB:JB:JB:JB:JB (something i've been struggling with on previous occassions :blast)

I'll unpack the KTM then:(

so what ya taking then tim:jager

so its fruity off road or none then? Lost dog i assume is therefore some off road for gs's and pre approved lanes and routes?
Id be up for that then?

John. (te630)

I remember you and ruts, John:blast................from the Exmoor do

How's the elbow?

Sometimes you just gotta nail it:D

I remember you and ruts, John................from the Exmoor do

How's the elbow?

Sometimes you just gotta nail it

It was an enjoyable ride up to that point, I was riding the high ground between the ruts when it all went wrong, so it was a long way down when I fell.:blast

I don't think anything broke ( didn't go to the Docs) but my wrist,elbow and shoulder all hurt for weeks and still have a way to go.

I know, I know, its all down to not wanting to hurt myself something I didn't worry about a few years ago.

Would there be takers for "fruity offroad"?

I guess it's what to bring x challenge will be ready Tuesday for playing but that men's trailer the bike down or put the tkc's on the Gs and do the the lost dog???
SO too fruity and the x is staying at home!!
What do ya think

Well i'll be trying to keep it within the abilities of my own XChallenge.

IIRC i lead a ride out last year with my bash plate held on with just zip ties, after a heavy landing and not enough suspension travel.:blast

Not keen to smash my bike to pieces again!

It was an enjoyable ride up to that point, I was riding the high ground between the ruts when it all went wrong, so it was a long way down when I fell.:blast

I don't think anything broke ( didn't go to the Docs) but my wrist,elbow and shoulder all hurt for weeks and still have a way to go.

I know, I know, its all down to not wanting to hurt myself something I didn't worry about a few years ago.

Glad to hear that you are getting better, how was Kielder?

Why? At the minute i'd like to get a few responses from those that want to ride (and what they will be riding), and i'll tailor something to suit the majority- nothing is set in concrete yet.

:thumb2

I know i won't be able to please everyone, but i may have a spare map or 2 if a few people want to do their own thing.

As Steve's lost dog event is tailored towards the big GS's and the like, i'll try and focus my ride on the more off road biased bikes.

I'm thinking of more a medium paced ride at present, but can turn up the fun factor if required :D (well as much as the xchallenge will let me :augie )

I should point out that after all the recent rain, the plain and a lot of the surrounding trails are thick sloppy mud, with plenty of ruts thrown in for good measure.

Nathan

how many going to off road ride then will be clean x or the 1200?
long way to trailer the bike is it sat and sun or will be too F%$£*& to do both and drive home????
decisions decisions

how many going to off road ride then will be clean x or the 1200?
long way to trailer the bike is it sat and sun or will be too F%$£*& to do both and drive home????
decisions decisions

It will just be a ride on the saturday, unless someone else wants to do a run on the sunday?

Previous years have seen us clock up between 120-140 miles on the saturday.

It depends on numbers and pace. So far i have at least myself and pinkytiff riding.

Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom