7616403244_a7883bbd2b.jpg

7616402558_10339bcffb.jpg

7616401740_86da36f7c3.jpg

7616400932_25913995b2.jpg

7616400662_753345b84c.jpg

7616425000_6ae9c7c087.jpg

7616424608_61a8ab1ce3.jpg

7616424106_fa7ab82b4d.jpg

Unsuitable - thanks for leading yesterday, you set a great pace and it we refreshing to not be at the front myself for once :beerjug:

I have some good news - I've just checked and, for once, I've not had problems with the helmetcam and I have a fair amount of footage from our ride. Sadly, as you were at the front and I was at the back, or vice versa, I haven't got much of your good self, but everyone else features at some point.

I'll do some editing later (not today though) and bung something up on YouTube.

Thanks to Unsuitable, Womble and the estimable Captain K(orma) for looking after the brave boys.

Wish you were watching over me as I left the campsite on Saturday :blush

I would like to add my thank you to Tony and Dave for the bloody marvellous rideout "off tarmac"
The whole dooo was brilliant the best I have attended this year :clap :clap
I love this part of the world - Hope you have a doooo next year :thumb2

The Saturday offroad rides were divided into two groups: Those with GS's and those with enduro/trail bikes, or were leading on a GS. I chose to go with the GS's on my trail bike to push them along...:toungincheek

Some of the places we went to I had seen before on my GSA and decided to take a smaller bike this year to see if I could hack it this time, even in the unusually damp conditions we have all experienced this summer. The ride was simply a hoot and nearly all of us had an incident free first part of of the day.

The ride I was on was led by Unsuitable (Tony), who I had only met for the first time in the morning, and tail ended by Womble (Dave), who I met last year on my inaugural GSA OffRoading Disaster. :augie I had ridden with all the others in this group here and elswhere, except for Michael R1150GS Adventure, and have to say it was a fine bunch of Tossers to spend the day with. It was a fantastic route to follow and another great day to ride some byways in a wonderful part of the country without offending anybody or getting battered on a rocky trail. :rolleyes:

There were two 1200GS's, two 1150GS's (each of those teams had an Adventure model), an 800GS and my Yamaha TT600RE (the good looking team on camp :cool:) and we were all on TKC's except Donnie on his standard 1200. Unfortunately for Donnie his Tourances failed him after ten minutes...

DSC02039.jpg

On the whole the conditions weren't too bad considering the rain this island has received over the last few months, I was expecting it to be worse, but these trails are used by all sorts of vehicles and they do have a few muddy patches even though the underlying soils are free draining under the right conditions. Before we left in the morning we had been instructed to have our cameras ready for when the inevitable happened...

DSC02040.jpg

Michael has no sympathy when on his 1150GSA with TKCs, and a skip full of experience.

So we ride on along similar trails to seen above, and mostly successfully, but the Tourances stop working again and we have to realign Donnies gear lever after his second slip-up (or maybe from the first which he hadn't noticed too much) but he's a tough Geezer and we carry on whilst trying to find the best path or not, depending upon whether you're on a lightweight trailbike or a GS. :hide

The rides through the woods was sublime. It's the smell of the the trees, the mulched surface and the dipping and diving to avoid the branches from the close trees and shrubs. This is the the kind of exersice which keeps a rider bike fit and on the ball and is thoroughly enjoyable. I thought about doing it when stuck on the A11 but decided better of it: I now know that there are places that can be used as shortcuts to get closer to the campsite if the traffic is heavy around Elveden for an enjoyable ride in next year.

Ploughing on through the sand, ruts and sand, mud, ruts and more sand Donnie takes another moment to test his bike and kit on the fly (I'm not picking on you Old Chap, it's just the way my few pictures line up chronologically) and we arrive at some tarmac for a short ride to the next section but there's a problem...

DSC02045.jpg

After a few laps of somewhere I managed to get everybody in the same palce to look at the the 1200's. Donnie has only 1st & 2nd gear, and Unsuitable has a stalling bike at low rev's. Donnie has to bend the linkage assembly behind the frame to cure his gear selection problem...

DSC02042.jpg

...and Tony has to reconnect his loose TPS. It tough out here but fortunately we have Womble and MickDB1 to fix the bikes whilst I smoke a cigar and Michael checks his 3G signal. :blast

Cracking on we get to the next trails, after wherever we'd had our mechanical lessons, but Donnie's tyres let him down again and he has a near face-plant for one last time so we take him for lunch before his unfortunate early and lonely ride back to base: Let me make it clear here that the last time he rode offroad was last year, at this Tosser event, on the same bike with Tourances, and he did a sterling job then and now but, enough was enough. It was me crashing last year, as Donnie did on the same trails, and now I'd like to think that he and I will be ever connected for what we've done and that next time there will be another member to Boxer Beet Club to spend a morning on their arse: Who will that be?

After lunch the remaining riders took on some very damp and nifty byways, much to my pleasure, and we ended up up here before I decided I was worn out and would take my own road back to camp before anything went wrong...

DSC02048.jpg

Four bald men in a field with motorcycles. :nenau

The bike is sitting outside looking mucky, and the reason is I ended up with 4 and a half hours of video. I've been through the first edit and it's down to 41 minutes but I'll trim that a bit further and then chuck up a low res version to YouTube.

There's a 36 minute 640x360 video on the way up to YouTube (the original is 720p HD, but big), but it'll be about 12 hours before it's available at this rate, assuming that nothing goes horribly wrong. Please bear in mind that I've only uploaded a few videos in the past, so that is very likely :blast

...and Tony has to reconnect his loose TPS. It tough out here but fortunately we have Womble and MickDB1 to fix the bikes whilst I smoke a cigar and Michael checks his 3G signal. :blast

Good writeup, it almost feels like I was there :D

But don't blame me for anything useful! MickDB1 and Donnie sorted the gearchange and Michael spotted the loose TPS cable.

Great write-up and photos, Ditch!

What a brave and resourceful bunch of boys you are... :cool:

nice report ditchwater. good to ride out with you guys again. really enjoyed it despite falling on my arse, what? 5 times :blast

There's a 36 minute 640x360 video on the way up to YouTube (the original is 720p HD, but big), but it'll be about 12 hours before it's available at this rate, assuming that nothing goes horribly wrong. Please bear in mind that I've only uploaded a few videos in the past, so that is very likely :blast

Youtube are now telling me that the video is too long and it's been removed. :rolleyes: It looks like I need to knock it back to 15 minutes for the moment.

Youtube are now telling me that the video is too long and it's been removed. :rolleyes: It looks like I need to knock it back to 15 minutes for the moment.

Geezer, knock off four minutes and cut it in half for Part 1 & Part 2. Use the Embed into website button to place it here. :thumb2

Exactly what I did - it's been uploading for a while and part 1 should be online around 11:30 :thumb2

Here we are, part 1 of the bimblers' trail ride.

There's no sound as the camera is in a waterproof housing so the footage is almost silent and I wasn't going to faff about with music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/REirx2QFPiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm uploading Part 2 now as well, but that'll take overnight as it's in 720p.

And here's Part 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MAM_x-uhNGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice job. :thumb2

I thought someone was 'aving a laugh when we rode onto that lane beside the A11. :augie

Bloody good fun all day. Thanks to all in my group. :beerjug:

Looks like a cool ride out...gutted to have missed the weekend....:(

The ride we did would have been perfect to get your eye in with that new Orange lump between your legs. You want to get Lee, with the trailer, up there for some practise in September when time becomes freer for you. Let me know and I'll have a word with the people in the know and we could have a days fun. :thumb2

PS. You were missed...

The ride we did would have been perfect to get your eye in with that new Orange lump between your legs. You want to get Lee, with the trailer, up there for some practise in September when time becomes freer for you. Let me know and I'll have a word with the people in the know and we could have a days fun. :thumb2

PS. You were missed...

Sounds like a fine plan mate...I'll have a word with his nibs

Back
Top Bottom