The I gave a f*ck, went that way...

Michael R1150GS Adventure

Reaction score
Well after a year's retirement, Big Bertha was allowed out to play in the mud, sorry sand.
I promised myself it would be the last time I chucked her about after last year's Kielder K2 Enduro, but the bug got me.

The weekend was amazing, 800mile trip and a big chunk of off-roading in the middle.
Quite possibly the most welcoming bunch of people I have met in my life as well.

Thanks to tony and womble for leading the ride and a big hello to the lads I rode with - I'm terrible with names but Ditchwater sticks in my mind. Also a big up to Aydon (?) for getting his 1200 round on tourances! He also gets an award for some spectacular stylee jumps off his bike as the falls ensued - he has long legs so it looked like fun.

These tracks you guys have down there? WHERE'S THE MUD? Great fun sand surfing and splashing (wrong word, BOATING through those fabulously deep puddles. Water came over the dash more than once but Bertha kept going... incredible.

My previously polished stainless pipes have now descended into corrosion heaven, I can honestly say I have never seen anything as acidic as that shit you guys ride in - give me back my boulder clay, rocks and mud please.

Photos below are fab - what a shitty mess I now have on my drive.
The tip to use wheel cleaning fluid on the pipes is working a treat.

Attachments

• IMG_3458_448x600.jpg
    IMG_3458_448x600.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3459_800x598.jpg
    IMG_3459_800x598.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_3468_448x600.jpg
    IMG_3468_448x600.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_3475_448x600.jpg
    IMG_3475_448x600.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_3476_800x598.jpg
    IMG_3476_800x598.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 474
and more pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3477_448x600.jpg
    IMG_3477_448x600.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_3478_448x600.jpg
    IMG_3478_448x600.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_3481_775x600.jpg
    IMG_3481_775x600.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 464
my pipes used to look like this, now they are black and orange.
Matt black!

Attachments

• headers_800x598.jpg
    headers_800x598.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 457
I can't make any sense of your thread title!

read it again... it means I couldnt give a f*ck anymore about trying not to destroy my gsa anymore - its a response to someone asking me where my 'give a f*ck' has gone

did i really just waste a minute of my life explaining that..... :D

stop worrying about the feckin words and look at the feckin pictures then!

or dont look at all.

or go for a ride out on the bike

or something, anything... anything else! :D

How about..........The I gave a f*ck, went that way...

to The 'I Gave a F*CK' went away

or

The I give a fuck went that way

or

Do I give a f*ck, no

or

I used to give a f*ck but now I have changed my mind and want to enjoy and break my bike off roading it in long two day messy enduro big bike challenges all around the country and really have a great time as it was a mistake to stop off roading properly my quarter ton bike when most people panic if a fly fixes itself to the fairing whilst i am very happy to cover it in shit that makes my bike exhaust headers look like they have been painted matt black despite me cleaning them as I had retired my bike and didnt really expect to get it covered in pig shit again but then again i did think i was posting these piccies up just for light entertainment and it really didnt need to be taken seriously at all as in the bigger scheme of things it isnt of any importance at all and to be honest I used to give a fuck but now I dont hence if anyone asks me where has my attitude towards keeping my bike clean has gone i will say it HAS GONE THAT WAY.

PS
If anyone reading the above thinks I am making a serious point, just remember this is all a bit of fun and not at all serious.

PPS
This is for fun

PPS
Really, it is. Just for fun

PPS
i.e. light hearted, not at all serious

PPPS
see above again

PPPPS
couldnt be arsed to punctuate

:)

i'm with that man, the 1150 one!

Ride them as their design intended:beerjug:

I used to spend hours cleaning after riding, but they would just end up the same next time, particularly given the joys of the summer!

I keep a tidy rt, the rest are generally muddy and dirty,lightly washing the worst off with a hose. I keep them overly serviced, covered in protecting oil and well greased up. Staying reliable so far, and continue to serve me well.

Just enjoying the ride :D

give a fuck

muddy motorcycle, so do you give a fuck or not??? who cares, just ride the fucking bike......enjoy the ride not the polishing in the fucking garage..

I want to know how to keep the thing upright on even sand roads. When it goes over I need help to lift it again, which can be some time as I ride alone......4 hours on its side in Belgium last week before I could get help to lift it. I had taken all the luggage off, but still couldn't even begin to budge it, not so much as an inch. Staying upright is a must. :rob Not easy on a muddy surface with Tourances. Would love to know how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom