660 tenere

My mate paul has one and kicked 690r butts on bigbikerally
And my hp2 .top bikes I need one but 6 other sheds get in the way
Ps the fall over well to :augie

I had one too. You are right 'good fun' For some reason often overlooked. Enjoy!

What I liked:-
Tank size
Screen
Dash
Brakes (A1+)
Ride position
Lights (dip and full beam)
Switch gear

What I disliked:-
Low state of engine tune, needs more bhp
Un-adjustable suspension
Low rear shock link
17" rear wheel
Cush drive (failure occurred)

I'd give it 7/10 :thumb2

T.

What I liked:-
Tank size
Screen
Dash
Brakes (A1+)
Ride position
Lights (dip and full beam)
Switch gear

What I disliked:-
Low state of engine tune, needs more bhp
Un-adjustable suspension
Low rear shock link
17" rear wheel
Cush drive (failure occurred)

I'd give it 7/10 :thumb2

T.

fast enough 95% of the time - engine lasts longer - better fuel consumption
Rear shock is adjustable - change oil in forks or add a spacer - you only do it once.
rear wheel size is normal

cush drive rubbers are shit - i'll give you that.

Morocco as we speak

In morocco been her since 11th having a great time on my 660 ten my mate is on my other halfs 800gs been really warm up to 23 one day rain 3100 miles great if you are thinking about it don't just do it!!! You won't regret it or forget it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 828
Great bike and great value back in 09 £4600 before Yamaha got stupid with their prices. To think if i'd kept mine i could of nearly got me money back 3 years later :blast

i loved the look of them ,when they came out ,i took one for a test ride ,and it was ok ,but having came from so many twins(ive owned nearly ever trail bike going loads of singles ).i just couldnt get on with it .
Thats a real shame as i so wanted to like ,and buy it ,but just couldnt part with the money .having said that ,i still like the look of them ,and wouldnt mind one ,at some stage ,dont know if i would want to tour on one .
im sure there more than capable ,but i had an f800gs ,which was great ,but as usuall sold it .

Just delivered

0 Miles just waiting to get dirty

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 445
A few farkles done

still only 50 miles on it.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 402
ive had 2 of them, great bike. however it doesnt matter what you do, those spokes corrode. i used to put acf50 grease (not spray) on each spoke with my fingers at least every other week and they still started to go. apart from that, great bike.

Improvement

Well having now done 150 miles on it, I have to say it rides better than my 09 bike, it does seem a lot smoother, power delivery feels better even thou iam taking it easy to run it in, stainless spokes on my bike so iam hopeful it will be great, ACF 50 already applied so fingers crossed.

How you getting along with the Serteo, fingers crossed you on the right track!!!!!.

Paul:thumb2

Well having now done 150 miles on it, I have to say it rides better than my 09 bike, it does seem a lot smoother, power delivery feels better even thou iam taking it easy to run it in, stainless spokes on my bike so iam hopeful it will be great, ACF 50 already applied so fingers crossed.

How you getting along with the Serteo, fingers crossed you on the right track!!!!!.

Paul:thumb2

yep hope so Paul. i do love the sertao. just got to grt it dirty :)

The plastics definitely look better in black. As for the spokes, mine are so filthy I'm not sure what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom