zumo 550 power

hovis

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me which pins on a zumo 550 motorcycle mount are the live and earth. Just trying to find out if the cradle is working or not.
Cheers in advance

I had a similar problem recently, eventually I traced it to water inside the mount and the ribbon strip shorting out.

Far to many pins along the bottom to work out what was what and do they only go live when compressed, ? who knows.

What I eventually tested was the four pins where the power lead plugs and screws into the mount/cradle. Ie there was power getting to the female sockets on the power lead.

I then took the cradle/mount a part (four screws in the back) and found that the ribbon strip leading to the rows of pins at the bottom was shorted out/water marked.

Not sure how the water got in but suggest really heavy rain and wind or over enthusiastic power washing (it's mounted on a XT600e not a GS so I haven't broken the law)

If the Zumo works/charges separate to the mount and there is power to the female sockets on the power lead then it must be the mount and there is more inside the mount than just power/earth conections.

I hope this helps. (makes sense) best of luck, new mounts on ebay about £35. If you want any more help pm me etc or I will pm my phone number

Hi Hovis
I had the same problem with my 550 mount, I spoke to Garmin UK who emailed me the wiring diagram of their mount showing what all the pins do (very helpful).
This enabled me to identify which pins were U.S. and discover it was beyond my ability to repair. new mount purchased and fitted all power restored, this time however i greased the rubber seal in the mount, so far no further problems.
Mike

Hi Mike j
Is it possible to get this wiring diagram by email to me because I have the same problem with my holder.

-arto

Hi,
The same problems continue however the roll of the year,
but if someone knows what is pins order or purpose in that rack would be
I would be interested in that knowledge.

-a

Try Googling Garmin 550 power pins, or something like that.

He can’t contact you or you him, as you are not site subscribers.

Failing anything else, contact Garmin, just as he did several years ago,

Back
Top Bottom