Trans America Trail 2013

Yep, that 8 weeks makes a huge difference. Are you doing the TAT then?

Yep, that 8 weeks makes a huge difference. Are you doing the TAT then?

That's the plan! along with some of the back country discoverer routes.

there is also an ADVrider event on in Colorado at the end of July that may get put on the list as well :aidan

The XChallenge, with a few modifications ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds like a wonderful trip again. If your there for 3 weeks how many miles do you ride a day and do you have planned rest days? I remember thinking the first trip sounded a bit punishing.

Sounds like a wonderful trip again. If your there for 3 weeks how many miles do you ride a day and do you have planned rest days? I remember thinking the first trip sounded a bit punishing.

We ride until we've arrived otherwise you sleep on the ground, miles don't factor, we can rest when we get home.
It's not a package holiday to Benidorm.

There, hope that's put you off even considering it......not that you were:augie

Just had a chap withdraw from this trip due to medical problems which is a real shame for him so I have a space left. In fact, I could squeeze a couple of bikes on so let me know if you are interested at this fairly late stage via pm.

I'm in!

Gents,

It's good to be on board for this trip!:thumby:

I was struggling to make it real until I got myself a 3 year old 690 yesterday! Now tucked up in my garage awaiting farkling (I mean preparation!). It's pretty stock so plenty of scope to play, but if someone said, "we leave tomorrow" the only thing that would stop me is lack of a luggage solution. So, given I know there are at least two other 690's on the trip, what have you guys rigged up? In terms of whats in the cupboard, I've got the stock OEM panniers off my GS Adventure (but I really don't want to use them - for no other reason than I just don't think they are suitable) and I have a Jofama 51L bag the same as THIS. However, unless I win the lottery before we load the bikes in July I shall be running the OEM exhaust which we all know gets very hot. There's a chance I might be able to lay my hands on some second-hand Rally Raid pannier frames which would probably protect it (especially if I line it with heat resistant fabric).

I hope 50L or so is going to be enough! I certainly don't want to be carrying any more than that!

Any thoughts on the plan?:nenau

Gents,

It's good to be on board for this trip!:thumby:

I was struggling to make it real until I got myself a 3 year old 690 yesterday! Now tucked up in my garage awaiting farkling (I mean preparation!). It's pretty stock so plenty of scope to play, but if someone said, "we leave tomorrow" the only thing that would stop me is lack of a luggage solution. So, given I know there are at least two other 690's on the trip, what have you guys rigged up? In terms of whats in the cupboard, I've got the stock OEM panniers off my GS Adventure (but I really don't want to use them - for no other reason than I just don't think they are suitable) and I have a Jofama 51L bag the same as THIS. However, unless I win the lottery before we load the bikes in July I shall be running the OEM exhaust which we all know gets very hot. There's a chance I might be able to lay my hands on some second-hand Rally Raid pannier frames which would probably protect it (especially if I line it with heat resistant fabric).

I hope 50L or so is going to be enough! I certainly don't want to be carrying any more than that!

Any thoughts on the plan?:nenau

Great!!!:clap
Just a roll bag on the back for me.

Welcome aboard, ime also on a 690, standard zaust, have touratwat pannier frames and will be using a Giant Loop Great Basin.:thumb

Thanks Ferret. I was eyeing up the Giant Loops on Adventure Spec's website but reckon whichever way I do it I've got to get some protection over that exhaust and in which case I can't see why the Jofama bag won't do the job. I'd rather put the money towards a more comfortable seat!:D

Back
Top Bottom