Wapping's Wanders 2013 - 23-31 August 2013 - Annecy

No probs - I will make sure I have enough Toytown money with me.
Peter

If anyone is going to be down near Folkstone early, I will be in the Stop24 early arrival services, probably from arround 1400.

Look out for a fat bloke on an 1150 :D

Neil

See you at checkin on Friday

....see you Friday :)

That is Friday as in the 23rd of this month, isn't it?

Or you best take a tent, Neil...

If anyone is going to be down near Folkstone early, I will be in the Stop24 early arrival services, probably from arround 1400.

Look out for a fat bloke on an 1150 :D

Neil

I plan on being at the Chunnel terminal passenger waiting area experience thing in good time before departure, not least as I have booked the morning off work.

Annecy Trip

Thanks for all the planning Richard and I was also a little worried with all the comments of see you on Friday, rather than next Friday. I will probably be there a little earlier also, travelling the scenic route from Dorsetshire,rather than than M3/M25 etc. Look out for a Welsh short arse with a light blue 1200RT Byron

:beerjug:

There are Welsh amongst us :eek: :beerjug:

To be honest, I felt a small trickle of icy water run down my spine when I read 'Friday'. I even considered not checking at all, such was my fear that I was about to discover something rather horrible.

Phew, all was well...... At least for two of us :D

Suggested rides from Doussard, assorted lengths, stolen, lifted and borrowed from assorted sources.

It's a Garmin .gbd file, hosted on Dropbox. For some unknown reason my PC thinks it is a different type of file, trying to open it in Notepad.

If you have a similar problem, suggest you save it to your PC and open it from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14126843/Annecy rideouts FINAL.gdb

I have re-jigged the choice of routes between Avallon / Doussard and Doussard / Dijon, adding them into the list in one file, separately numbered.

As everyone knows, the individual legs are a very decent schlep, if you don't take the direct motorway option.

For instance: Doussard to Dijon DIRECT via motorway most of the way is just 176 miles, in a time of a little over three hours. Don't take the motorway and the distance shrinks to about 150 miles (about 10%less) but the estimated time take grows to four and half hours (fifty percent longer). Go really scenic and it's banging on closer to 230 miles or more.... all day, that's for sure.

I have no objection to bods going any way they please. It's your holiday and your bike.

Richard

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14126843/Annecy final.gdb

I see you have a lord on your trip Trixie ... You should feel very at home .. :D

I will talk to the hotel about how we are to pay the balance and / or any bar bills etc. In a perfect world I will ask the hotelier that each person pays their balance on departure.... That will save us all having to sit down with a water cooled calculator on the last morning sorting it all out....

Hoorah :thumb2

I have spoken with the owner. We will each have our own bill for each room on departure, made up of the balance (plus the notional tourist tax) and whatever 'extras' we have each added.

I think that is now everything sorted out.

Anything missed? Sing up.

Richard

Are the rooms booked in our real names, your real name (if so what is your real surname), our user name or Monsewer Weerpeeng

That is a very good question.

Room 1. Dumazile (Zulu)

Room 2. Sigurvin (Icelandic)

Room 3. Yuuka (Japanese)

Room 4. Vasilisa (Russian)

Room 5. Ildefonso (Portuguese)

Room 6. Lakopo (Samoan)

Room 7. Mr and Mrs Balamugunthan (Sri Lankan)

Back
Top Bottom