All-new BMW R 1200 GS unveiled by BMW Motorrad.

If you're going to look at it that way then surely its a Mark V I'm waiting for as you forgot the DOHC plus the first version of the WC model :D

:confused:

Never mind there is only one proper Adventure version - the 1st :clap 1150GSA

The later ones are plastic incarnations:augie

I for one am waiting with baited breath,can't wait to get out and ride it.

On paper it sounds like a fantastic bike,but as they say "The proof is in the pudding"
Nice to see they've made a nice job of the brake and clutch reservoirs again,sad to see the indicators have gone. Lovely looking dash.

It's difficult to get an accurate image from photo's but the overall finish looks excellent .

I should really put off takeing one out until next September when my current bike will be 2yrs old,but I think the chances of that are slim.

Biggest downside for me is the fact that all the accessories on my present bike i.e luggage, screen,seats, etc are not going to fit the new one which depending on price may just tip the balance.

Although it never has in the past :green gri

Steve

I think it looks great but not in that Turquoise :eek:In the brochure! Turquoise FFS! Really! Turquoise :confused:

Anyway I'm also wondering what oil it's going to use :hide

Neat clocks
i-KGzFXjK-L.jpg

Yes it's a neat layout, but I think you'll be squinting quite a lot to work out the actual speed. It would also make more sense if the whole clocks area was higher up, more like a 'rally cockpit' type arrangement.

I'd much prefer the speedo to be digital. I do more biking in Europe and Africa than the UK and one of the things I love about my XT660Z Tenere is the ability to switch the speedo and odometer to kilometers. The Tenere also has the clocks higher up which makes it easier to view.

Quite like the 'turquoise' colour, it's quite like the Laguna Seca Blue from my old M Roadster--which I should never have sold...

Attachments

• my-hoops.jpg
    my-hoops.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 262
Yes it's a neat layout, but I think you'll be squinting quite a lot to work out the actual speed. It would also make more sense if the whole clocks area was higher up, more like a 'rally cockpit' type arrangement.

I'd much prefer the speedo to be digital. I do more biking in Europe and Africa than the UK and one of the things I love about my XT660Z Tenere is the ability to switch the speedo and odometer to kilometers. ...

Looking at the options a Zumo sat nav mount is now available and to be fair I use this for speed/distance more than the bike speedo.

It is possible to select two items of info to show on the digital display, maybe one of those is the speed.

Back
Top Bottom