1100/1150 Oil Sight Glass,Safety Brace

I'm compiling a log on these sight glasses now,and there is no rhyme nor reason to then popping.Mine looked perfect,even when I cleaned it up and looked at it carefully.Some get rust forming in the metal of the seal,and then bulging the glass out.The last two bikes I serviced have dodgey glasses on them,and the two junk engines I use as jigs are perfect,but everything else around the 1150 glass is is really badly corroded.

Go figure:confused:

go on then Vern put me down for one, but I am leaving for the states on holiday, do you mind waiting till I get back to sort out payment etc.

Well, that nice Vern chap has come up trumps again.

I order my oil-retaining-stainless-steel-cleverly-welded-farkle-thingy (aka "Thingy"), pay my money and wait...

Now, I know Vern is not a man to hang around when there are things to get in the post, but I waited anyway. In a couple of days I get an email from Vern checking to see that my Thingy had arrived.

Nope. It hadn't.

So we waited another couple of days, with Vern dropping me a concerned text and a PM (the latter involved the word 'feck' quite a bit).

Still no Thingy.

Until this morning, when a Thingy arrived at the office.

But this is not the original Thingy. Oh no. This is a brand-new, replacement Thingy, sent FoC by Vern to replace the lost in the post Thingy.

Now there's service. :beerjug:

And a very beautifully-made Thingy it is too. :clap

Thanks Vern.

Yeah, you wait for the other one to show up in the FS&W section now he had that one:rolleyes:

All the 1150 ones are now sold,so I'll try and do some more in the next few days,and there are a couple of 1100 ones left if anyone wants one.

I'll report back when they're on the shelf again.

Cheers everyone:beerjug:

You don't know how accurate that is.

Guess what turned up in this morning's post?

:D

Post it onto me if you like :thumb2 (assuming it's an 1150 one)

I obviously meant also paying you postage & Vern for the farkle, which may not have come across in the original post :D

Ok,update time.....

The second batch of 1150 ones have all gone as of today,and there are 4 of the 1100 ones left from the second batch of them.

I'll see if I can get some more of each done in the next week.

Cheers all:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom