CrossTourer Mods

Where about in Austria are you going ? :flag

Found a biker friendly Hotel in the Tyrol after reading about it somewhere on this forum.

http://www.hotel-riederhof.at/en.html

So we have worked out the route now and have 5 days at the hotel so we can take the quick release panniers off and do some touring in the area around there and North Italy !

Found a biker friendly Hotel in the Tyrol after reading about it somewhere on this forum.

http://www.hotel-riederhof.at/en.html

So we have worked out the route now and have 5 days at the hotel so we can take the quick release panniers off and do some touring in the area around there and North Italy !

Sounds good,what ferry are you using ?
We did Dover in 1 hit this year, 12 hours a long way :mad:
We're over in Austria next July 25th-4th Aug with Global motorcycle tours :beerjug:

:flag

A very sweet looking bike. Test rode one and loved it but wanted a full fairing, thus the RT. ENJOY :thumb2

Sounds good,what ferry are you using ?
We did Dover in 1 hit this year, 12 hours a long way :mad:
We're over in Austria next July 25th-4th Aug with Global motorcycle tours :beerjug:

:flag

We're setting off on the 13th July, down south to the Eurotunnel (first time!) for the 16th and booked into hotel for the 18th to the 22nd July, Chunnel booked back for the 25th so just missed ya !!

Really looking forward to going on the Crosstourer, just getting all the farkling bits added ready for it !

Looks very nice, correct colour too !

Just about the same mods as you;

Arrow Can
Givi Crash Bars
Rad Guard
Fender Extender
Heated Grips
Main Stand

Also got;
Givi Rack
Givi Pannier Rack (fit my E42 Panniers)
But don't whatever you do, lose the little bracket off the top cos they dont sell spares !

Definitely looking at the same spots you have, I assume they make a big difference ?!

Will also need a new Sat Nav and mount for next years trip to Austria.

I really think this bike is AWSUM !!!

arrow2.jpg

apple3.jpg

Russ, you forgot the most important of all, Clive's Butt Flap :D

Just had Givi bar and spots fitted and at night they totally rock :cool:

I used the CT for the first time on country roads in the dark last week and did find the standard headlight a bit weak, even with the Osram bulb, especially compared to the set up on my F8GS (HID with a spots).

Dont want to go to HID yet but as I already have the Givi Bars fitted, would like to know how good the Givi Spots are ??

They look good and obviously dont have to mess about to fit them so if you could give your opinion on their use it would be a big help in deciding.

cheers

The Givis add a good spread of light and definitely make riding at night safer for me in the I can see where I'm going better.

Being halogen they won't hv the punch of HIDs but I find them more than adequate.

Trev

Just fitted the new Puig Dark Smoke Screen to my CrossTourer.

I think it should make a big difference to the original for weather protection but with the weather at the moment I may have to wait a while before a test run !!

CT1.jpg

CT2.jpg

CT3.jpg

CT4.jpg

:blast

On looking at the first pic I thought...........bloody hell that GPS mounting bracket is a little high.

Then I looked at the second pic and realised it was the rack on your top box :blast

Looks good though. :thumb2

Looks good, but can you see through it ? Wouldn't it be a tad risky in poor light ?

It's actually a decent improvement on the std screen so I'm well pleased with it

I test rode one today what an awesome engine. :D
Wasn't for me though. Felt I was sitting on top of it, felt very remote to me :nenau awesome engine !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom