CrossTourer Mods

I had one on for a day but found even at the highest setting it was still hitting my helmet ;)

So yesterday I fitted an MRA with X Screen extension and did find the turbulance much less to although I think the Puig looks better I'll be keeping the MRA on from now on.

Just my tuppenth !!

ct%20screen%202.jpg

ct%20screen1.jpg

Just bought a crosstourer being delivered tomorrow , what do you boys think of your replacement screens? Puig, Mra, Honda touring ! Many thanks in advance. Jonathan.

Worms

Can

Opened !!

As you can see above I like the MRA, does a great job of keeping any blast off your head. Doesn't look as sleek as som but on the 3200 mile run to Austria and back in July it was brilliant.

I'm sure there will other replies tho !!

:D

I have the Honda touring screen on mine and can sit behind it with no wind blast. I'm 5ft9" tall if that's of any help.

I have a Givi Airflow which can be adjusted so one can ride with an open visor, and it produces minimal turbulence (180cm). The bottom half can also be removed for summer riding.

It's a vast improvement on the standard job,

Phil

I've got the Highlander and find the touring taller screen fine for me.
One thing I wouldn't mind finding though is a clear headlight protector as I dread to think how much a replacement lens would be.
As to the bike, I absolutely love it and oh my God, that engine, it's awesome.

Thanks for all your replies gentlemen , Dave56 would you mind telling me how tall you are and what helmet your using ,seems screen helmet and hight are the biggest combination to get just right. It always ends up with a new helmet every time I change a bike, Ktm adventure Arai tour x terrible peak vibration,same helmet Ktm smt perfect! Crosstourer well? ta for now. Jonathan.

Thanks for all your replies gentlemen , Dave56 would you mind telling me how tall you are and what helmet your using ,seems screen helmet and hight are the biggest combination to get just right. It always ends up with a new helmet every time I change a bike, Ktm adventure Arai tour x terrible peak vibration,same helmet Ktm smt perfect! Crosstourer well? ta for now. Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan, I'm about 5' 9" and I wear a Shoei xr1100.
I had the same problem with the GS, I bought an Aria Tour X and hated it as no matter what position I had the screen the helmet constantly had a high frequency vibration so that's when I got my first Shoei and had no such problems.
Hope this helps mate.

Hi Jonathan, I'm about 5' 9" and I wear a Shoei xr1100.
I had the same problem with the GS, I bought an Aria Tour X and hated it as no matter what position I had the screen the helmet constantly had a high frequency vibration so that's when I got my first Shoei and had no such problems.
Hope this helps mate.
Thanks for your reply Dave56,one more question if I may do you or can you ride with your visor up comfortably at any thing above 30 mph with the Honda touring screen? I do like a bit of fresh air! Thanks again.

Not sure about that one mate, as I tend to put the visor down soon after setting off. If I remember rightly because of the raised visor it tends vibrate a little, but I'll give it a try properly next time I'm out. :thumb2

I am 6' 2" and wear a shoei neotech with the raised Honda screen, no problems and no buffeting for the wife either. Don't think I am "butch" enough to wear the peaky type helmets as I very rarely do anything more serious than a gravel path............................or Ridgeway........................:barf

Has anyone put a fully dressed and fuelled CT on a weighing machine? Empty luggage.

Thanks for your reply Dave56,one more question if I may do you or can you ride with your visor up comfortably at any thing above 30 mph with the Honda touring screen? I do like a bit of fresh air! Thanks again.

While we were abroad in July with the MRA Screen on, the visor on my Shoei Neotec was up most of the time at motorway speeds because it was so hot and the screen did such a job of keeping the direct wind off I needed oxygen !

So with the MRA and Neotech I think its possible to ride with the visor up if you wanted to. I', 6ft 1ins.

Bit the bullet and bought the genuine Honda touring screen along with the air deflectors that go on the sides of the tank (can't believe I paid that much for two strips of rubber) we will see if there any good, but I guess if you set your expectations low enough you won't be disserpointed !. Once again thanks for all your input. Jonathan.

Nice bike but loose the top box, it looks like a big wart. :eek

Yeah can't argue, it's purely functional and is often removed. I got this instead if Hondas top box as I read that zip expansion feature meant the box let in water when out in the wet so didn't go for that option when buying.

Back
Top Bottom