Round 4: Another Ramble

Roberto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time to go for another ride. Ramble 4 will begin shortly..

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzzypNbSm5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Time to go for another ride. Ramble 4 will begin shortly..

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzzypNbSm5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great:bounce1

Ready when you are

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRvhNONZcfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nVsHFkqnRqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hebben een goede tijd

eine gute Zeit

baw się dobrze

dobře se bavte

har en god tid

I'm waiting with baited breath.:thumb

gifrattappingfoot.gif

:clap:ChrisKelly:JB

Come on, you've got us all excited now.:D

Hardly the greatest of starts..

First picture comes from here.. :blast

8182308510_b7e505f094_c.jpg

Must dash as.. erm.. I'm running a tad late :(

He's on his way :thumb2

I did everything I could to get rid of the fekker.......all my holiday photos, fed him some dodgy chicken from the kebab shop, some ex-lax in a cuppa :green gri and it was only when I resorted to playing him a LONG moto-morocco video that he got the message and fekked off to get his ferry :D

What a lovely chap :beerjug:

PSSST I know where's he's going as well :augie

Enjoy Rob :beerjug:

He's on his way :thumb2

I did everything I could to get rid of the fekker.......all my holiday photos, fed him some dodgy chicken from the kebab shop, some ex-lax in a cuppa :green gri and it was only when I resorted to playing him a LONG moto-morocco video that he got the message and fekked off to get his ferry :D

What a lovely chap :beerjug:

PSSST I know where's he's going as well :augie

Enjoy Rob :beerjug:

:D Cheers, Bill.. thanks for the kind hospitality.. :thumb

Top man! :beerjug:

'Orf we go again..

OK, let's get this show on the road.. :D

It's been quite pleasant to be back at home despite our wonderful home weather. Strange, in my mind it feels like summer and I still can't quite get used to it being November.

Anyway.. sod it, I'll go for another ride.

My very good lady friend you might recall from the early stages of the recent Iberian dispatches has gone crazy ape bonkers and tidied, cleaned and organised my house in a very thorough Scandinavian manner, going through it like some sort of whirling dirvish. Whilst it was an incredibly nice thing to do sadly for me the consequence is I just don't seem to be able to find anything at the moment (that said it was always somewhat of a struggle).

Anyone who knows me here and has visited my house would know that I don't live in a tip by any means, but I do live in a kind of organised chaos. Of course, I don't put any of that detail on eharmony.

First thing to do then, was to try and get organised. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail, as some crappy 'habits of successful robots' book told me some years ago. Let's do an Audit then. From the rambles so far, the casualty list is as follows:

Bike

Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (Fixed by a BMW dealer in Spain)
Mysterious LAMPF (Repaired)

… so not too bad eh.

Other Equipment Damages

550 Zumo (Screen bizarrely damaged- soon to be returned to Garmin. If you're viewing this please send me a 660 eh?) :D
Contour Roam Camera (Some mist inside the glass of the lens AGAIN even after my last repair and not using it in the rain on the last tour)
One pair of Sunwise Sunglasses (Broken)
One pair of Crappy Rayban copies from Sarajevo (Destroyed, only like six quid anyway)
HTC Desire Mobile Phone (Died in the rains of Espana. Now repaired :) )
Spare phone #1 Sony Ericcson W995 (Again, death in the wet. Now repaired :) )
Spare phone #2 Sony Ericcson W595 (Still knackered :( )
Tissot T-Race Watch (Replacement battery has not fixed it)
A pair of O'Neill Flip Flops (Died, used to death)
AA Atlas of Europe (Disintegrated)
Michelin Map of Spain (ripped trying to get it into the crazy map pocket on the tank bag. Let's call that 50/50 design/user error)

Losses

A copy of John Le Carre's 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy'
One faded 'Rusty' branded Sun Hat
A rather natty pair of socks with the word 'Beer' on them
A Sony Memory Stick USB adapter (lost in a Podgorica hotel)
A quite nice Zefal Water Bottle (doh.. didn't even make it to Dover on the last trip.. flown out of the holder).

You know, actually I'm quite staggered at just how limited the losses were. I always manage to lose bits and bobs somewhere along the line and it drives me mad so I'm very happy for a little list such as that.

Let's look at documents. I empty my Passport Wallet. Some random ATM receipts, a card for the Moby Dick restaurant in Bandirma, Turkey, the WiFi code for a hotel in Sarajevo and a hidden fifteen quids worth of Croatian Kuna. Otherwise documentation is all in order aside from the bike tax disc appears to have gone. Never mind.

Back again to visit Sir Steve of Motoscot for a service. At 40k everything seems to be holding up OK touch wood, and we've still even got half brake pads, the consequence of my slow / organised, thorough, planned riding* (delete as applicable). One new front Conti trail attack and we're good.

I repair my Alpinestar SMX-2 Gore-Tex boots with Shoegoo (that stuff's the wasp's nipples you know..)

I invest in a pair of rather nice Rukka gloves..

8188772235_1a83d2eba3_c.jpg

I buy a heated waistcoat..

8188771769_d019421354_c.jpg

And the 'pre match' meal is a very good Steak, Egg and Chips.

8189872928_04fe1a2b92_c.jpg

Think we're ready then ;)

Back
Top Bottom