Round 5: Yuletide Ramble

Four of us camp out overnight in the living room. Yer man Womble is asleep I think before his head hits the pillow. Snore-a-rama.. like being by the speaker stack when The Who played at Charlton Athletic's ground :D

I'm thankful for those little luminous ear-plug thingies...

It's the cheese's fault I tell you, I never snore when I'm at home :blast

Anyway, I don't know what you're complaining about, everyone seemed to have a really great night's sleep (as far as I know :augie)

It was great to meet you Rob and I promise to read your rambling blogs from now on!

It's the cheese's fault I tell you, I never snore when I'm at home :blast

Anyway, I don't know what you're complaining about, everyone seemed to have a really great night's sleep (as far as I know :augie)

It was great to meet you Rob and I promise to read your rambling blogs from now on!

:D

Likewise Dave.. great meeting ye :thumb

Here's to the next gathering.. :beerjug:

Shipston on Stour to Hook Norton

I slept well; a definite vote for the Exped Downmat which ballistic had kindly carted down for me to use. Thanks kindly old bean :thumb

Morning time and I'm gently woken from my slumber with the distant sound of sizzling and the aroma of fresh bread..

8258544183_62d96a05df_c.jpg

Tastes as good as it looks, peeps :thumb

8258544061_2f661c2574_c.jpg

After a very leisurely breakfast there's some fresh air to be taken.

No prizes for guessing who owns this particular Panda..

8258517775_a73ea95891_c.jpg

Effort is spent but the lads can't get the quad going..

8259587362_232102e3fc_c.jpg

I get treated to a ride in Toad's Ural outfit, I wedge myself into the sidecar. Loved it.. made my weekend..!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EQhhUxSBXwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rumble chug clunk rumble..

8258520335_f059b8a13a_c.jpg

Remember, it's not about the destination.. It's about the journey :thumb

8258525331_7c38f5ba99_c.jpg

Slow ya' know.. It's the way to go :D

8258519823_e09a1c6cc3_c.jpg

A terrific and wonderful thing. Me likey… me want!

8258521747_75602c9cca_c.jpg

Freshly made Pizza is presented for lunch :thumb

8258520639_f8e51f554b_c.jpg

An excellent evening and morning.. With fabulous hospitality! This is the third stay at a tosser residence on this particular ramble.. I'm becoming a bit of a sofa surfer.

Anyway, its Saturday afternoon and we're off to The Pear Tree inn at Hook Norton.

8258524203_2108f2eddb_c.jpg

So there'll be more beer (are my reports becoming predictable?) :beer:

8259592080_e7af88e424_c.jpg

Today we'll be joined by two more tosser folk, weavo and fishbird. It'll be a welcome trip down memory lane, being the first GStronaut reunion since our last trip back in April 2010. Its been waaayyy toooooo long chaps..!
Memory Lane is handily located adjacent to Brewery Lane, which of course, works very well for me :D

8259591922_031ed4c242_c.jpg

Ash kindly takes on the unenviable task of chauffer to ship half a dozen well oiled tossers around the Cotswolds. What a star! :bow

First stop is Chipping Norton and The Chequers. London Porter on tap? Don't mind if I do.. ;)

8258571447_0f602aa9e4_c.jpg

Next stop is The Norman Knight in Whichford. Splendid little pub, and home to The Patriot Brewery. A tasty mild is served, then something else that I can't remember but I liked it. Tasty, tasty.

8258607051_03e96cb888_c.jpg

Yours truly and young Morgan, a fine lad with fine taste in trousers. Morgan owns a pet brick on a rope (not pictured).

8258525097_f6322a1fae_c.jpg

I take in a bit of new music as we're chauffeured around. I've not listened to any Muse in quite a while, but this one's a winner as we carve through the darkness..

<iframe width="680" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WnJz4eUV5qM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As the lyrics go.. "Out of control… we're out of control…".. Surely, that's not a reference to Ash's driving, is it? :aidan
feckin brave man getting in anything with Ash behind the wheel:eek:eek
:D

We're then off back to the Pear Tree to meet up with Jim and Dave.

8259683242_e3b0fe4794_c.jpg

Toad, with his expertise on all things nosebag steers us away from dining at the pub and instead spirits us away to a very good curry house. Another inspired culinary choice. Chicken Jalfrezi and rice with a Chilli Cheese Naan Bread, washed down with an ice cold pint of Cobra :thumb

And then it's back to the pub, for more fine ale and a ridiculously long game of 'Round the Clock' which took ages probably because we were a) mostly pissed and b) rubbish at darts. We got in guest players at one stage... here's Hook Norton local Nobby chucking the arrows.

8259735098_2017dd2f88_c.jpg

I do finish the game off in style, though ;)

8258523561_4bd9765153_c.jpg

The second game is abandoned :D

Toad and Ash hit the road around midnight. Weavo and ballistic retire to bed.

Fishbird and I stay up for a few more ales. The best o' gear, this..

8259593128_67f1617a60_c.jpg

It must be around 1.30am when we turn in and the folks there were perfectly happy to serve ale late on. Cracking! :thumb

I head off to bed and I'm most certainly elephant's trunk.

:beerjug:

Nice one Rob, sounds like you've had a cracking weekend!:beerjug::beer::jager:friday:barf :p

Shipston to Hook looks like a great day was had , and what a way to start, that breakfast has got me salivating.... :drool

Hook Norton.. And back to Headquarters (sigh)

Did we actually get to plan anything for GStro 2013 lads? Don't ask me because.. erm... I can't remember!

I don't mind telling that I feel pretty bloody rough this morning. As I ordered the last pint of twelve days last night I sort of thought 'why are you having more, you've had enough' but the taste buds were in charge and the brain wasn't.

We have a pretty average brekkie at the Pear Tree before everyone drifts off. Dan's view about the food was a good one by our reckoning. Of the four breakfasts presented only two make it to the finish line.

Everyone begins to make their way home and that's what I've got to do, too :(

Urgh, I feel ropey. The bike gear is donned over a long period. Riding is at no more than a glacial pace. Some music is selected to relax my mood. Maybe it'll help me avoid a chunder. I hope so...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A2zKARkpDW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More relaxing tunes.

<iframe width="680" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aikanmq7TBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...I'm guided by the lyrics here.. "Taking short cuts is often a quick road to trouble." So I select 'fastest route' on my barely charged Zumo, which I forgot to plug in as I was three parts Oliver Twist when I got to the room last night, and make for the A44.

A most beautiful song to whisk me through the crisp winter morning..

<iframe width="680" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oJJYt1laPj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Feeling a bit better.

I navigate Oxford and decide to be the slightest touch more intrepid by heading through Thame, up and over Bledlow Ridge and down into Wycombe. Finally it's the dullsville M40 and M25 combo, to the Waltham Abbey turnoff, into Epping Forest to the Tea Hut at High Beech. There's only half a dozen bikes out today.
The tea is good and there's a cheeky bacon roll. I feel all new again :thumb

And then I'm on my way to deliver some fruit cake to a certain little lady who's having a bad day at work.

Nearly home. I almost get SMIDSY'd on the Gallows Corner Roundabout. Fair do's, you could see the driver was completely mortified when did see me. Hopefully he'll look a bit harder in future.

And then home it is. The familiar ritual of hopping about on the door mat trying to take off your filthy gear without treading on the nice carpet.

Definitely got music on my mind today… I even see it in the take away menus stuffed through the letter box in my absence..

8258782315_c4b0381702_c.jpg

"Wok San..you don't have to put on the red light… those days are over.. You don't have to sell your body to the night.." :D

Home… and more than a few chores to do. A bit of time has passed whilst I've been away.. :blast

8261184076_e9ac28aa73_c.jpg

Play.com have made a delivery.. so it's time to start wrapping up the pressies for those lucky people!

8258879033_38c03b4dc9_c.jpg

Chris's gifts slot nicely into the 'In' tray..

8261183884_540cb6c3ff_c.jpg

And that's it for Ramble 5.

Cheers!

8260120233_f9e7638c19_c.jpg

Merry Christmas and thanks for reading!
R :thumb

8258842399_2978b762ae_o.jpg

:beerjug:

Nice one Rob, and welcome home:thumb

So, when's the next one?:D

Back
Top Bottom