Staffordshire Tossers Do 19-20-21 July '13

Fantastic. can I have the single then please. If my plans change or my bike isnt ready i will let you know.....

Cheers,

Mark

I too will be in the caravan due to my arriving late on Friday evening....are you another snorer? :(

I too will be in the caravan due to my arriving late on Friday evening....are you another snorer? :(

Keith, you needn't worry, as far as I'm aware I don't snore, but it's so hard to tell when I'm asleep. you might be saved the indignity of punching me very hard as news about the bike is still not available. Why dont people read their fecking emails............and PM's.

Yours, confused and still bloody bikeless, Mark

Wife has just "reminded" me that Friday 19th July is our 27th wedding anniversary, but "You can still go if you want to!":blast

Might have to make some new plans but I'll let you know....

Sid

Keith, you needn't worry, as far as I'm aware I don't snore, but it's so hard to tell when I'm asleep. you might be saved the indignity of punching me very hard as news about the bike is still not available. Why dont people read their fecking emails............and PM's.

Yours, confused and still bloody bikeless, Mark

Well here's hoping you get sorted Mark.....:thumb

update....

Still no news on the bike, so have made the rather unusual decison to attend a bike meet in my car!!. No one will ever think of that, will they????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully Big Bird will return from wherever he is and read all his PM's in time for me to at least have a look at the bike, but if not, then CAR it will be....

feck feck feck feck feck................

Mark

Just a few days to go now (I'll have to check Buz's thread for an exact number in a minute). Beer arriving in the morning and baking spuds and a few trays of eggs to collect in the afternoon. Loos due to arrive around Friday lunchtime by which time I expect to see the first rosy cheeked Tossers dribbling through the gate.

Some of you will have seen my posts about an over exuberant council planning woman getting told to go away at the beginning of the week and the subsequest visit I had from a local Bobby and the non-existant Event Licence, please, to ensure that we can all (and in particular - me) have a good, relaxing and entertaining weekend without me having to worry about possible 'allowing my premises to be used for the consumption' type charges, as we are packing our clean drawers and spot cream can we be quite certain that nothing illegal gets stashed away with our socks and brought onto my land.

Thank you.

Keith, thanks for the offer. Im 15 stone, so if you dont mind inadvertent wheelies every time you drop the hammer then feel free. if all else fails i will just take the car, Shame Big Bird has his reasons for not PMing me about his bike that he "would get back to me by the end of the week" (last week) on...Still furiously scanning eblag and other dubious sites for a "decentish" bike. asking a lot for a grand but shite happens....

Sorry If I'm rambling but im a little un happy teddy right now...:D

don't you fancy Humbug's 650 SLR then? stick a 21in wheel in the front and it's almost a Dommie

the bike is very nice BUT i spend a lot of time on motorways, going various places, and I have to say i would feel really guilty thrashing a single cylinder bike up and down motorways at3/4 or more of its rev range. its really really clean and low mileage, but if it was mine it wouldnt stay that way for long.

I spoke to Humbug (andy) on the phone and he seems a really genuine tell it like it is sort of person. At the end of the phone call I did feel quite guilty about not wanting it. I'm still gonna buy him a quantity of beers for all his help and his patience though....
If he drinks that is......

Sid an I are setting off in the morning, doing a scenic trip via Sycamoto's, hopefully there for lunch, and then on up to West Yorkshire for a bit of camping up the hill from Hebden Bridge. We're then ambling down through the Dark Peak Friday morning, arriving at Bill's sometime after lunch. Any Yorksha folks fancy a pint with us, we'll be dining at The Packhorse Inn at Widdop tomorrow evening.:thumb2

Keith, thanks for the offer. Im 15 stone, so if you dont mind inadvertent wheelies every time you drop the hammer then feel free. if all else fails i will just take the car, Shame Big Bird has his reasons for not PMing me about his bike that he "would get back to me by the end of the week" (last week) on...Still furiously scanning eblag and other dubious sites for a "decentish" bike. asking a lot for a grand but shite happens....

Sorry If I'm rambling but im a little un happy teddy right now...:D

Mark, I'll be leaving late anyhow, so probably of bugger use to you.....

the bike is very nice BUT i spend a lot of time on motorways, going various places, and I have to say i would feel really guilty thrashing a single cylinder bike up and down motorways at3/4 or more of its rev range. its really really clean and low mileage, but if it was mine it wouldnt stay that way for long.

I spoke to Humbug (andy) on the phone and he seems a really genuine tell it like it is sort of person. At the end of the phone call I did feel quite guilty about not wanting it. I'm still gonna buy him a quantity of beers for all his help and his patience though....
If he drinks that is......

Whoever buys Andy's SLR will be getting a really good bike at a great price, but if you don't want it - and would like to imbibe him with some alcoholic beverages - a nice bottle of red wouldn't go amiss!:thumb

unfortunately......

Due entirely to the high percentage of skiving work shy bastards here, I have been callled in to cover sickness(funny how they all went sick in this unusually nice weather), so out of the tossers do. Not happy but nothing I can do. Have a good do and post lots of photos.

Mark

Abscent friends

We'll all have a drink for you mate, PM your address to send the bar tab to.

Back
Top Bottom