Altberg Boots

Just retired a pair of Daytona and gone back to Altberg. Bought the HOGG and very impressed. Comfy out of the box, good for walking in as well as biking.:thumb

I don't think that altberg refurbish boots anymore due to tw*ts giving them abuse for not giving new boots back.

You're right...they don't refurbish anymore, due to the reason you gave....:mad:

HOWEVER, send a pair of boots back for a resole, and they come back with more than just a new sole on 'em.....;)

Walking or on the 'bike, great kit......

I have the Altberg aqua, 150 mile torrential trip across France with forward controls... Dry as a bone.

2012 hog roast 48 hours ankle deep in mud.....dry as a bone...

All day comfy...look ok with jeans...

Great in the recent snow when walking Monty..

They are with out doubt the best all-round boot I have owned.
:thumb2

Hoggs

Big thumbs up for the Hoggs - comfy good protection and dry feet - best boots I've ever had

Anyone got the High-Hoggs?

Yes, had mine since 2006 and find them to be a cracking all year round boot and the extra height stops water getting over the tops in really wet conditions.

1 pair Hoggs bought 1999. A second pair made to measure following surgery on my feet (Osteo Arthritis) 2003. Approx 150k on bike, probably 5k on foot. Been refurb'd once each (a service that is no longer available), and I would never buy anything else - although this is primarily due to the fact that I have extremely wide (and now deformed) feet and no one else offers the custom build. First pair just to tight on the toes to be useful anymore, 2nd pair the stitching on the gear change pad is coming out.

The Hoggs are pukka boots, and will need breaking in.

I've worn Altberg tall touring motorcycle boots since I pensioned off my excellent Derryboots, waterproof and as warm as toast but poor protection, and have been pretty happy with them for the last twenty years. However they aren't comfortable to wear when walking around and because I have high insteps, have always been a struggle to put on.

I recently bought a pair of Altberg 'Field & Fell' on eBay for £60 secondhand. They are in excellent condition and will almost certainly see me out.

Mine were comfy from the off. :nenau

In fairness my feet required a boot that was wider than their widest last, so involved a bit of stretching after construction so that might explain why mine took a while to break in.

I've had a pair of Hogg All Weather for about two years now and when they're cleaned up with the Leder Gris they provided with the boots they look as good as new.
I've worn them in all weathers from 40c heat riding through europe to -10c at home and they are always super comfortable.
I would recommend a trip to the factory to be measured if you have any doubt of your actual foot size. Also bear in mind you can get a £10 discount if you become a member of their site or something similar.

Rob

++1 also for Altberg Hoggs !. Had mine for almost 10 years now and superb after-sales service too, from Ann Goodall. Cracking bit of kit

I have a pair of Clubman Roadsters that have given me very good service for, ooh, about 7 years. Looks like they've got about the same left in them. Warm, waterproof and very, very comfortable. No better boot IMO.

Cheers

m

I am snowed in and have my Altbergs on when the dog needs a walk. Really toasty and warm.
Mine are about 7 years old and still plenty of life in them.

Think about the life cycle cost of the boot:thumb2

I have "fat calf" syndrome and my calves are bigger than normal. I made an enquiry about getting made to measure and was told i would have to pay £70 extra and make two factory visits !! from Moray ? ..............no chance.

I have "fat calf" syndrome and my calves are bigger than normal. I made an enquiry about getting made to measure and was told i would have to pay £70 extra and make two factory visits !! from Moray ? ..............no chance.

I don't have 'fat calf' syndrome, mine are, as you'd expect for a man built like Charles Atlas like me, exceptionally well muscled, but the result is the same :augie

My Magnum boots (as listed above I think) are perfect though......

I can't get the GS1 Rally boots that Rosie :kissy2 bought me on even.....I can get my feet in, but I can't do the fekkers up over my calves.....
I've had several other pairs of standard fitting MX boots with the same sort of result......the magnums though, fit perfectly and are (as I said on a review back in August) the most comfortable boots I've ever owned :thumb2

Also worth trying your local Army surplus place......the other boots I've tried on with success have been German Paratrooper boots, used, but available in about 4 different configurations per size IYSWIM

Go through their racks, put'em on, stomp about the shop for half an hour and you'll find something that works for you :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom