Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an R1150GS Adv with Servo?

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi there,

Still trying to track down the reason my dipped headlamp has no power going to it. This search is hampered by the fact that I only have a wiring diagram for a pre-servo R1150GS (taken from the Clymer manual). Does anyone have a diagram for an R1150GS fitted with a servo?

Mine is a 2003 Adventure - but any twinspark 1150GS should have the same loom, I'd think.

Any help appreciated.

Mike :cool:

I have the Haynes book here Mike, and the pages for the lights and switchgear are not differentiated from single to twin spark or any ABS/non ABS schematics.....the looms for those elements are on separate pages, which suggests that the switch parts are identical

I don't have a scanner here but can do it at the shed in a few days if you can't get a copy.

I've looked through the BMW official repair Cds as well and they have nothing like a wiring schematic :(

I have the Haynes book here Mike, and the pages for the lights and switchgear are not differentiated from single to twin spark or any ABS/non ABS schematics.....the looms for those elements are on separate pages, which suggests that the switch parts are identical

I don't have a scanner here but can do it at the shed in a few days if you can't get a copy.

I've looked through the BMW official repair Cds as well and they have nothing like a wiring schematic :(

Thanks Bill.

The switchgear multi-pin plugs are completely different from the single spark - and the wiring colours are too, judging by the Clymer manual diagram I have here (for a single sparker).

I'm not going to be able to progress any further until I can get access to a diagram. There's no Green/Blue wire (the colour for the dipped beam) at the RH switchgear plug - I'm not going to blunder about with the wiring until I can see how it's meant to work...

Mike :(

Mike......this is the top half of the page for simply "R1150GS"
(there are no additional pages for GSA or any ABS /twin spark variations for lights as in my previous post.)

P1040608-L.jpg

I took a few shots and you can see the full sized ones HERE

Just shout if you need any more taken......I can try and stabilise camera if you can't make any out :thumb2

Bottom half of same page:

P1040609-XL.jpg

Together:

P1040607-XL.jpg

Mike......this is the top half of the page for simply "R1150GS"
(there are no additional pages for GSA or any ABS /twin spark variations for lights as in my previous post.)

P1040608-L.jpg

I took a few shots and you can see the full sized ones HERE

Just shout if you need any more taken......I can try and stabilise camera if you can't make any out :thumb2

Bottom half of same page:

P1040609-XL.jpg

Thanks very much for the effort Bill - much appreciated :thumb2

Unfortunately, that's the same wiring diagram I have - ie White/Yellow power to dipped beam, where I have Green/Blue...

Thanks very much for the effort Bill - much appreciated :thumb2

Unfortunately, that's the same wiring diagram I have - ie White/Yellow power to dipped beam, where I have Green/Blue...

The only wiring I can see that MIGHT be green and blue is all related to coil, motronic relay and handlebar kill switch.

I say MIGHT because it looks green and BLACK in the diagram, but it's possible it's blue printed on top of green so it looks black, IYSWIM

(in fact, as shown coming from/to the load relief relay above)

I'm sure I've seen full schematics online before now :nenau

Still looking, if anyone has a copy they could share - pretty much stalled until I can get a diagram...

Mike :cool:

Yes sorry should have said that it's essentially the same if you ignore references to electric screen and radio

Back
Top Bottom