trail in wales video, thoughts on bike

MuddySump

Reaction score
Took my XC on a trail while down in Wales in November last year. Have a little talk while im riding about thoughts of the bike. Bike and tyres standard, first time using it on a proper trail too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpGkrc-6Eg4

After posting video somewhere else i found out the complete trail i rode is not all legal but there was no signs anywhere saying you couldnt ride it and the farmer even came past the opposite way in his land rover and never said anything either

How did you find 'the' trail in the first place?
And looking at the hillclimbs on the right during the first 15 seconds, you aren't the only naughty boy using the 'route' or it's adjacent terra!

Denise and I rode that route a couple of years ago, I understood it all to be legal. :nenau
Mark

There is a small section that is apparently "ilegal" but it's near the farm and the farmer is quite happy for people to use it, even comes and opens the gate sometimes.

How did you find 'the' trail in the first place?
And looking at the hillclimbs on the right during the first 15 seconds, you aren't the only naughty boy using the 'route' or it's adjacent terra!

My cousin lives not far away. He walks his dog next near it and i saw the trail going along so we went back without the dog and with my bike the next day :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

There is a small section that is apparently "ilegal" but it's near the farm and the farmer is quite happy for people to use it, even comes and opens the gate sometimes.

That is on the map as a road and legal. Farmer opened the gate over the bridge for me to. The road goes through the river down to the right I believe.

Tithe maps and old charts of prior to the damming show a route on the opposite side of the valley iirc? Access to the farm from the East were erased when river became reservoir, so of course the water authority had to create a byway. So this lead to the private road between where the byway ends and where the track joins M'sT in Cerrig County heading West.

That is a legal trail or certainly was last November when I rode it last. The start, or end of the Monks Trod depending on which way you look at it (the bit captioned as next time) is no longer a legal trail. Currently TRO'd and hs been for about 10 years and looking like it will be permanantly closed. Even if it wasn't no chance of doing it on a Tiger 800 or a BMW or anything big. Parts of it are just one huge peat bog with nothing but canes to show you the general direction of the trail.

Back
Top Bottom