Saturday's Ride

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As last years Saturday 'ride out' seemed to go down well with everyone we're going to do the same again.

Essentially it's a Nav rally that you can do on your own or in a group of other riders. You'll get a waypoint download to your Garmin device on Saturday morning and a sheet of questions. Some questions you'll be able to answer from the seat of the bike but others you'll have to dismount & walk in. There'll be 'hidden' clues - it's a navigation event, not a quiz, and the questions are just to prove you were actually there :thumby:

Depending on the difficulty of access and/or distance from base each location will have a points value. It's up to you to figure out a route that will maximize your points total. You'll have from 10.00 until 17.00 to get as many done as you can but it's not a race :rob

We'll be covering some of the areas from last year but with different locations / questions. In addition we're working on extending it to a whole new area so youse don't get bored.
To that end Geraldine & I were out & about on Saturday. Some pics :

Enroute to meeting
IMG_5766_zps98b58a15.jpg

IMG_5768_zpsfdde390e.jpg

After a bit of breakfast in Baltinglass we visited the Abbey :
IMG_5773_zpsd4b59a34.jpg

A wee dolmen beside the road
IMG_5792_zps7c199aec.jpg

Someone didn't make the turn over the bridge :(
IMG_5797_zps4aab23d4.jpg

A few interesting roads for Ash :D
IMG_5808_zpseae53349.jpg

IMG_5809_zps466c5ed9.jpg

Starting to get a bit 'overcast' in the hills
IMG_5820_zpsca6a863f.jpg

IMG_5822_zps8317d4f3.jpg

Not the Mammy :aidan
IMG_5825_zps00791d8c.jpg

A short stop in Aughrim
IMG_5831_zpsae9fa59e.jpg

IMG_5830_zps8f011889.jpg

Some more fun
IMG_5834_zpsde297a35.jpg

IMG_5835_zps053c8b40.jpg

Definitely not getting any sunnier :rolleyes:
IMG_5838_zps57347ef5.jpg

IMG_5839_zps167639f0.jpg

Wadda ya reckon Ash :confused:
IMG_5857_zpsdff30ed2.jpg

And then we finished our day in Courtown before heading home to watch the match :rolleyes:
IMG_5871_zpsef7c5926.jpg

Too cold for ice creams though :tears
IMG_5869_zps96420a73.jpg

All in all a good day out, was quite mild & when the only real shower arrived we stopped for lunch (although Garaldine got rained on on the ride home)

I really enjoyed that nav rally feel to the Saturday last year, it's a great idea for a days riding. :clap:clap:clap :thumb2

I can't stay over for the event, but having seen those photo's and knowing Jocker's sublime choice of roads I feel compelled to try and make it for the Saturday.

Anybody else travelling from Kildare/Dublin direction interested in connecting up for a day trip?

I was like Anneka bleedin Rice last year running around filling in the answers for those lazy bast#*%s who wouldn't get off the bikes. I think I should get a few :beer: for my trouble feck them. Ash bring your bleedin runners I'll race ye :D
Be warned I'm not going into any fields with cows in them, I hate them don't I Kev :eek:

I was like Anneka bleedin Rice last year running around filling in the answers for those lazy bast#*%s who wouldn't get off the bikes. I think I should get a few :beer: for my trouble feck them. Ash bring your bleedin runners I'll race ye :D
Be warned I'm not going into any fields with cows in them, I hate them don't I Kev :eek:

Now that did make me laugh:jes:jes

That's a beautiful photo of the mist in the forest :thumb2

Great idea for the run, I'm really looking forward to it, hope it's dry and sunny :)

jays jo they only go moo ffs :D

townie :aidan :beerjug:

Half a townie, but seriously cows scary beasts. Moo me hole. Kev nearly ended up arse over t*t with the bike on top of him, mind you I was screaming at him to get out of the way the cows were coming T900 could baring ride the bike he was laughing that much I'm sure you were with us. The wind turbine thingy jaws brought us too a few years back it was in that field. Scary scary :eek:

They really aren't scary Jo, I used to have the sweetest one called Barney, he loved tic-tacs and getting his ear scratched, he would even nudge his head under my arm to get a hug :)

I can't stay over for the event, but having seen those photo's and knowing Jocker's sublime choice of roads I feel compelled to try and make it for the Saturday.

Anybody else travelling from Kildare/Dublin direction interested in connecting up for a day trip?

You will be very welcome :thumb

Half a townie, but seriously cows scary beasts. Moo me hole. Kev nearly ended up arse over t*t with the bike on top of him, mind you I was screaming at him to get out of the way the cows were coming T900 could baring ride the bike he was laughing that much I'm sure you were with us. The wind turbine thingy jaws brought us too a few years back it was in that field. Scary scary :eek:

Feckin brilliant :D :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom