health & travel Insurance quotes, kin ell

(RIP) drillam

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm getting quotes of over 100 quid for up to 6 weeks motorcycling (what else? ) in Morocco.
Virgin quoted me over 200 quid FFS.
Carol Nah wouldn't quote for loss of gear as they say it has to be added to household ins which I don't have.

This for loss or damage to camera and laptop etc, medical expense etc.

Best quote was direct line,, £105.

any recommendations?

Try Snowcard. They cover a range of "activity" holidays. Got our annual cover through them. Used to use the British Mountaineering Council but they started to get expensive... Felt like I was subsidising trips to Peru and Tibet!

Well I appreciate your replies.
I managed to get Post Office Annual Multi trip for under 50 quid.
I have a pre-existing medical condition which the others were loading heavily, Post Office accepted it without extras.

Only fly in the ointment for all of them is that for loss of cameras/laptop type gear, receipts are needed for claims and I don't have any. So in effect it really just comes down to illness/accident medical cover, which for 50 quid is worth it in my book.

cheers :thumb

Millard

I'm not sure direct travel cover motorcycle touring. Best check.

I'm not sure direct travel cover motorcycle touring. Best check.

You are correct about checking for changes. Motorcycle touring is covered for Personal Accident but not Personal liability.

The first time I used Direct Travel was to cover me for summer mountain biking off road in the Alps a few years ago. Some of the other companies excluded it. I just checked Direct Travel and they now have introduced Alpine Mountain biking which is not covered. I go every year and now wonder how many years I was not covered.

We're leaving for Morocco in a few weeks - got travel insurance with Post Office, 80 bucks for multi-trip. Cover for using own motorcycle for holiday and no restrictions that I can see i.e. incidental use, <125cc etc. I called them twice to discuss!

Back
Top Bottom