Santander - Malaga on a 1976 Bultaco Matador MK 9

In a small village about 5 miles north, saw a HOSTAL sign and dived in as I did the sleep sign both hands together and head at a slant, and the landlord gave me a key.

Just didnt want to much choice as in the city with 10 places to chose from and anyhow the Landlord and landlady are having a realy big barney at the bar, as Im the only one left with 3 of his mates playing cards :jager:beer:

Well I managed about 280 kilometers today, I am a day ahead of myself, as theres no other roads than the ones Im on to ride south.

You can or you are ridding along side the old road for miles and miles, every so offtern I turn off and slip into the road side villages and ride out the other end if only to brack the bordom of the Sanish A303.

A very cold start this morning frost on the cover of the bike, the lady who was sream and shouting and throwing pots and pans about at 2am was ther at 9am to take my money.

ROOM ,a 3 coures meal Large beer, large glass wine and a bottle od good stuff, massive plate of ancovies £55 so please I couldnt find the tent I bought specaily for the trip.

i-bChPqxc.jpg

i-qbJhQ88.jpg

i-X5TWs62.jpg

i-GfsK45j.jpg

i-3nht4rN.jpg

I must admit to finding the young 8-10 year old and the 10-14 year old Spanish dancers a bit disturbing but I did manage to controll myself when the old girls came on.

One beers slipped down very nicely and I managed a Horizions Unlimited folks helped myself to 4 of the vilagers finest Tapas, and pushed the Bully down the road as not to upset the young dancers

i-scMTLsz.jpg

i-kCrNJ2s.jpg

i-cm67Nrw.jpg

i-L2cXjsf.jpg

i-NfshwB4.jpg

I turned back to take the picture of the railway line as I remeber well going thought that cutting on the train a year ago, when cheating at one point hitch hiking, when we got stranded.

I remember looking out of the window and seeing the bridge thinking I would love to ride that road on day.

A sign of an enjoyable ride report is very little about the bike and you wish you were doing it yourself.

I wish i were there. :thumb2

Anyhow all locked up in the poshest hotel I could find 2 star ** £40 euro and £11 euro for the garage, Im in the town I wanted to be in and at about the right time 5.30pm

I am a day ahead of my self but now I hit the C Roads theres a long stretch if you look on the map of SPAIN, thats it go and find it,

FROM HERE Avila take the N502 all the way down, see you tommorow !:beer:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0CC6XcDmNVRWVqkjcHMF8AbWLnOQ5ODNJ

i-tjmbcCQ.jpg

While the bike was unlaoded I did a few curcits of the town, totally different ride, thats it off to the POST OFFICE first thing and empty a pannier as the ride is being spoilt by my extra gear.

Local Police in the Square ignored the speed and the sound as I made my way, panicing in their site as to weather I ahd shot down a one way street, much to the amusment of the local scooter riders.

I also had a sleep on a village park bench about 4.30pm - 5pm I could feel the healing quaulitys of the Sun on my face, just looked in the mirror OMG thats (oh my God) to you non textees or testees

i-JWt7C8h.jpg

i-2mqP33s.jpg

Your nose says you've been drinking.

:jager

No, no that the Sun !

Last night 2 small beers and a ton of Tapas while watching the MOTO GP I couldnt work out the comentary and where it was from.

There seemed to be lots of clapping and shouting, this went on all through the race it took me 30 mins to realise that the sound was on mute and the football was on in the other bar and the speakers from the T.V and around were playing the football comantary.

I know that seems hard to think how can he make such a silly misstake, but I am in a forgien country and I not knowing the GP wasnt in Spain, it seemed almost the same.

Off to The Postie Office this morning so gathered up gear to lighten the bike as I am sure as eggs are eggs that its slowing me down, that and carrying the petrol that I am bound to need looking at those back roads and the way the do not connect with magour road for some miles.

The petrol can go in the side bag, making it easier to hop on and off, as most of the time I have a audence as you can imagine I love.

Why do we do it, walk around the house just half an hour before you leave for a trip and grab stuff you think you will need, you need nothing.

I spent days working out this and that, and yes half an hour before leaving doubled it, and every time I go away I forget my tooth brush.

i-WzL4gCf.jpg

Managed to dump 6 kgs of gear into the post office into a box £45 euros a much better ride for it, I recone I have another 3 kgs I could easy post tommorow.

Things not neded LOCKS, Bike cover, and the odd ram mount.

This morning I looked on ther GPS for the post office it was 27 miles away, so I set off on foot, across the town after 3 asks I manage to find the POST OFFICE at the railway staion but it was for Rail post.

The railway post man gave me a bit of paper with the address on it mind you I have walked about a mile or so from the hotel.

A very fast walk with a lady that was late for work walks me to the POST OFFICE a n 30 min box wrap and form fill out and off I go to find my Hotel that is next to the POST OFFICE.

Paid the bill with a tril run of a very warped Dept card, thats melted next to the Bullys box, it works BINGO, as I manage to work out that the manager of the hotel said " Woooooooh what a man it bend a card ".

Off I go lighter

Back
Top Bottom