Saturday's Fun Navigation Rally

Spear Ruler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Invasion of Wexford Part 111:beerjug:

We have been doing reccies for next weekend. :aidan :moped:
This year again we will have a Fun Navigation Rally for the Saturday.
There are about 100 points which are spread around the county of Wexford and slightly further afield. You will be given a sheet with the Number, the Item, a Question and an Irish Grid Map Reference and a blank space to fill in the answer.
You will get points for the correct answers and the point value relates loosely to the distance from the Hotel and whether there is a cluster of points.
Anyone with a Garmin GPS can download the Waypoints from us on Saturday morning. If you want to get away early on Saturday morning you can give us your Garmin on Friday evening and we will have it ready on Saturday morning but you will need to be able to identify your unit.
The question sheet will be given out on Saturday morning.
You have till 5pm to get back with your answers and the person with the highest scores will get a small prize and perhaps a few more will too!
The waypoints are in lovely locations and many of them have nice coffee and eating places. It should give everyone (even those who partake till the wee small hours :steptoe) a chance to get out and explore without there being too many bikes together on the road. There are a number of opportunities for the ‘Annika Rice’s’ of you to get extra points for getting off the bike also.

Cheating is encouraged but if you are caught you will be sent home!

100 points :eek: thats aright for you locals and as me and Kev finished last,last year looks like will be doing so again :comfort

100 points :eek: thats aright for you locals

There's very few 'locals' that would have been to most of those points :blagblah
And there's only 3 of us that know the questions / answers so it's a level playing field. But the point of the day is to get out on yer bike for the day & have the craic :aidan

I spend the best part of my life pouring over maps and planning routes so I'm just going to tag along with someone and enjoy the ride:D

This place looks nice
Not planning on a high milage weekend then Damien ? :comfort

There's loads of places to stop for a brew - St Mullins, Hook Lighthouse & Inistioge being the best of them but there's also coffee shops at Fr Murphy Centre & the National Heritage Centre as well as many of the towns you'll pass through.

I spend the best part of my life pouring over maps and planning routes so I'm just going to tag along with someone and enjoy the ride:D
I'll bring youse down on Friday via some nice roads but you'll have to find yourself someone to tag along with on Saturday. But beware, there's some of them that'll talk the talk on Friday in the bar but won't be able to walk the walk too early on the Saturday :blast :rolleyes:

Can I join you and Kev at whatever pub you're going too. That'll make 3 of us au derriere.
just me this year so yes and i think Jochen missed the jovality in my typing :D and looks like we can rope another one in as well :thumb

This is an absolutely brilliant way of seeing bits of Eire you would never ever normally reach. I learned more about Irish history in one day than ever I would in a month of Sundays. Pardon me for saying but you lot liked fighting anyone.
Matt
PS I look forwards to learning some more

Back
Top Bottom