Billy-No-Mates ride to the BB

rce

Reaction score
As I am a sad fecker will be riding from Sheffield to the Bash on my own Friday.

Anybody want to join me ?

It will be a very gentle ride, going via back roads (virtually) all the way. Route has a few boring bits to Castleford but nice after that, turning very nice after Tadcaster.

Rough plan,

Wentworth Village (near Sheffield) about 10:30

Tadcaster 11:30

Aldwark Wooden Toll Bridge (free for bikes) 12:00

Topcliffe 12:30

Near ish to Northallerton about 13:00

Piercebridge about 14:00

A68 Cafe late lunch / early tea 14:30

BB for about 5ish

As I am a sad fecker will be riding from Sheffield to the Bash on my own Friday.

Anybody want to join me ?

It will be a very gentle ride, going via back roads (virtually) all the way. Route has a few boring bits to Castleford but nice after that, turning very nice after Tadcaster.

Rough plan,

Wentworth Village (near Sheffield) about 10:30

Tadcaster 11:30

Aldwark Wooden Toll Bridge (free for bikes) 12:00

Topcliffe 12:30

Near ish to Northallerton about 13:00

Piercebridge about 14:00

A68 Cafe late lunch / early tea 14:30

BB for about 5ish

There's a few from the Sheffield area riding up on the Friday, dunno if they'll stick their noses in here though beforehand. I'm setting off this morning with another couple of UKGSer's for a night in the Wheatsheaf at Carperby tonight :D

:beerjug:

Soz I can't make it rce. Billy No Mates? nah, Billy Have Fun And Don't Be Ruled By Other Riders Foibles That Drive You Fekkin Mad.

Go enjoy yasself Al . :thumb ........................ya sad fekker.

There's a few from the Sheffield area riding up on the Friday, dunno if they'll stick their noses in here though beforehand. I'm setting off this morning with another couple of UKGSer's for a night in the Wheatsheaf at Carperby tonight :D

:beerjug:

Cheers Micky, enjoy your pre-night party :)

I guess most people will be jumping on the A1 anyway which I am determined not to do ;)

Soz I can't make it rce. Billy No Mates? nah, Billy Have Fun And Don't Be Ruled By Other Riders Foibles That Drive You Fekkin Mad.

Go enjoy yasself Al . :thumb ........................ya sad fekker.

Will do Tim :D

Cheers Micky, enjoy your pre-night party :)

I guess most people will be jumping on the A1 anyway which I am determined not to do ;)
Yep, its the A1 for Beth&Me - both working Friday :(

Boring but practical ;)

See you there :thumb

Yep, its the A1 for Beth&Me - both working Friday :(

Boring but practical ;)

See you there :thumb

Been working away this week so have enough hours under my belt to tell em to go swivel for me working Friday :D

See you there :beerjug:

Ditchwater & I are meeting @ Wetherby Services tomorrow @ 13.00; we'll then decide on direct or scenic route to the BB.

If u want to join us...happy dayz; if not.....cobblers to ya :D:D:D we'll see you up there for beers!!!! :beerjug:

Ditchwater & I are meeting @ Wetherby Services tomorrow @ 13.00; we'll then decide on direct or scenic route to the BB.

If u want to join us...happy dayz; if not.....cobblers to ya :D:D:D we'll see you up there for beers!!!! :beerjug:

I intend on being at Northallerton by then :p

Will pm you my number, if you want give me a bell when you get to Wetherby, if you are shooting up the A1 from there could meet at junction 56, can show the way from there. The 68 cafe serves really good food if you fancy that.

Guess you are going to be pretty tired riding up from Kent :bow

Will pm you my number, if you want give me a bell when you get to Wetherby, if you are shooting up the A1 from there could meet at junction 56, can show the way from there. The 68 cafe serves really good food if you fancy that.

Could be a plan mate!! I may even get to Wetherby services a little earlier, so as soon as Ditchy poo arrives, has a coffee & a slash I'll give you a call for sure & if we can meet up.

I'll reply to your PM with my mobile number too....:thumb

Going past my door:augie

Will kettle be on ?

Usually, but i'm getting off earlier to meet up with the southern contigent who are overnighting in Masham

We are heading off from there at about 9.30 and going up over the Dales and North Pennines

Nice to have a local event: I have to ride for an hour and do 38 miles.

Probably take longer to pack.

See you all there Friday.

:kissy2

The 68 cafe serves really good food if you fancy that.

KB and I have conversed and I think we are going to try and meet up with you for tour of the roads you know, weather permitting, and a spot of lunch.
I'm happy to sample the produce of the 68 Cafe if we can sort out the RV tomorrow.

BTW Keith will be fine after his ride: a soluble amphetamine in his camelbak keeps him going all night. :D

KB and I have conversed and I think we are going to try and meet up with you for tour of the roads you know, weather permitting, and a spot of lunch.
I'm happy to sample the produce of the 68 Cafe if we can sort out the RV tomorrow.

BTW Keith will be fine after his ride: a soluble amphetamine in his camelbak keeps him going all night. :D

I'll certainly be hungry by the time I get to the A68!!!!

Sounds good, see you tomorrow at some point.

Hope so mate - I'll give you call en route

I also spoke to Clive (Richo) tonight, and he & Sue are going to meet myself & Ditchy @ Wetherby services.......:D

3 of us leaving Meadowhead, Sheffield at 9am. A1 to Ripon and then lots of twiddly back roads, gravel and sheep:D (Ripon , Leyburn, Reeth, Barnard Castle, Stanhope, Rookhope, Allendale, Haydon Bridge, Bellingham).

:moped::moped::moped:

Back
Top Bottom