Next year?

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've already said that we will do the same thing, same time, same place, next year.:)

That would mean Friday 6th June to Sunday 8th June.

Alternatively, we could do Friday 13th June to Sunday 15th June.

The advantages of the later date are that we stand a better chance with the weather and it would be a week after the IoM TT races. That would allow me and others to take in TT before our event.:)

The disadvantages are firstly that the supersticious might not want to travel on Friday the 13th (Feck Em,stupid twats?).
Secondly,it might push the event nearer the events planned in late June/early July. However, Madmountainman has suggested that he might do an Exmoor event in May so it spaces us away from that.

What do you lot think?

Any suggestions for improvements are always welcomed.:) After five years of running event, I think we have most areas covered but I'm always happy to hear any new ideas.

Next years event will definitely be open to all. However, it will be strictly limited to a maximum of 50 people. Quality not quantity.:) I never want it to get too big and lose the small friendly atmosphere. We have a limit to the number of people that we can handle and only have a fixed number of knives, forks, plates etc.

I firmly believe in the "If it is not broke, then don't fix it" mentality but equally I'm open to positive feedback.:)

The earlier you can get the date confirmed, the better chance i have of getting time off work. I also have a great mixed salad recipe i could knock up for you... it did seem that the salads with the bbq disappeared rather quickly.:thumb2

The earlier you can get the date confirmed, the better chance i have of getting time off work. I also have a great mixed salad recipe i could knock up for you... it did seem that the salads with the bbq disappeared rather quickly.:thumb2

Strangely, in the past there has been very little demand for salads from the "full bodied" tossers we have previously welcomed. It was only this year when we opened the event up to all that we saw some salad eaters.:fnikefork

Point noted: More salad in future.

Any other helpful comments welcomed.

My thoughts are to simply go for the 6 -8th June dates and stick with it.

2014 dates

hi sid thinking about next year the later date would be good as on a purely selfish note i marshall at the TT have done for years,missed this year as trying to recover from bust shoulder so whent to your bash & would like to attend next year steve

Steve

That is exactly why I thought of the later date as I'd love to do the TT again.

But, Ann has just reminded me that Fathers Day will be on June 15th next year. Not sure if that would put people off coming or if it would simply mean that they leave early on the Sunday to get home to their kids?

Either way, I'm keen to decide on a date and stick with it so that it makes planning easier for everyone.

I've already had PMs from people wanting to book in for next year and I haven't finished clearing up from this year's event yet.:)

Strangely, in the past there has been very little demand for salads from the "full bodied" tossers we have previously welcomed. It was only this year when we opened the event up to all that we saw some salad eaters.:fnikefork

Well I would have never guessed it, Salad Eaters at the Gentleman's Wee Kend :blast

I was working on the Carlsberg Barbecue principle...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yJ3BkIHW67Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom