Stolen GSA

My boss had his bike lifted from his house.
They were very determined to do the job as they took the whole garage door and frame out of the building and entered as used a gas tourch and cut the metal shackles bolting the bike to the ground.
He never saw that one again.
I hate these feckers they have no morals except to get paid for nicking other peoples property.....bring in finger cutting for theft.

Too late for this unfortunate gentleman (my condolences) but I have a GPS tracker fitted to one of my vehicles.

It is a SKYTAG and when the vehicle exits it's prescribed zone (an area a few hundred yards from my drive) I receive the following

1. An SMS text message
2 an email
3 a phone call to my home landline (this is important as if it is stolen in the middle of the night I may ignore an email or my mobile but I'll certainly wake up for a landline call)

Of course if I am driving the vehicle I just ignore all three.

If it has been stolen I phone SKYTAG and they tell the police where it is within a few metres.

The vehicle is located automatically every 10 minutes.

So far the system has proved faultless, the monthly monitoring costs 6.99 (10.99 for my level of cover)

Highly recommended

Apologies for the late follow up but I'm thinking of having this fitted. Are you still happy with performance ?

On many of the posts regarding stolen motorcycles

Coming soon from an Ebay seller in Lithuania......

Eat potato, strip stolen bike, sell parts, buy more potato.

There is the presumption that it it is non nationals who are doing all the stealing.
Now I agree there probably are some doing this, but balance of probability is that the majority of thefts are by home grown scumbags.
Myke

There is the presumption that it it is non nationals who are doing all the stealing.
Now I agree there probably are some doing this, but balance of probability is that the majority of thefts are by home grown scumbags.
Myke

No Myke, there's a seller on eBay from Lithuania who seems to be breaking a lot of bikes. Could be just a coincidence.

Apologies for the late follow up but I'm thinking of having this fitted. Are you still happy with performance ?

Absolutely delighted. However mine is fitted to a camper van. When bikes are stolen the baddies will often start dismantling the bike in the van as they drive away and when they reach the tracker they immediately lob it out of the window. Accordingly it is important to be cunning when concealing the unit (which is the size of a small mobile phone and will give its position away by the wires leading to it)

I expect SKYTAG can advise.

I said hello to SKYTAG at a campervan show on Saturday.

They have a service called Bikesafe. It's the same device but the unit is set to activate when the ignition is turned off with its key. The unit then triggers an alert based on movement ie when the bike is tampered with or lifted. It is still monitored by a preset zone (usually a few hundred yards from its base).

After two years with my van I am still very pleased with my tracker.

I said hello to SKYTAG at a campervan show on Saturday.

They have a service called Bikesafe. It's the same device but the unit is set to activate when the ignition is turned off with its key. The unit then triggers an alert based on movement ie when the bike is tampered with or lifted. It is still monitored by a preset zone (usually a few hundred yards from its base).

After two years with my van I am still very pleased with my tracker.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

No Myke, there's a seller on eBay from Lithuania who seems to be breaking a lot of bikes. Could be just a coincidence.

Followed a few of the salvage bike auctions on copart recently. You can see which country the bidders are from and quite a few for bikes and cars were in Romania, Lithuania and Poland. I presumed that they get them back on the road and that safety standards might not be so stringent there but perhaps it partly explains the eBay sellers there?

Just been looking at an E Bay site selling bike and car parts including a fair bit of BMW kit that gives its operating address as Lithuania, strangely enough all of the sets of clocks are MPH , amazing how many UK spec vehicles that have ended up across there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geese an '09 plate. I'd have thought that was old enough not to be worth the hassle. I'm on a '10 plate and have largely been lax with my security. May need to reconsider my standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom