Charity Cheque Presentation

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had great pleasure yesterday in presenting the cheque to the disabled group at their monthly meeting.

Obviously, I had already transferred the money direct into their charity bank account but this presentation was done for the photos.

The entire group and their helpers were astounded that we had raised so much money for them. They know times are hard and how difficult it is to raise anything at all. They are all very grateful to everyone who contributed to the event and expressed their thanks to all.:)

The total from the event was £1,050 and Barclays are supposed to be giving a further £750 as matched fundraising. Unfortunately, it is proving somewhat difficult getting Barclays to pay up as they seem to be using every excuse possible to reject the Application. Firstly, they deemed the email from the charity invalid and secondly they have rejected the signed letter on the charity's headed notepaper as also being invalid as two different named charities merged together in 1999!

Unfortunately, this is the second time I have been let down by Barclays £ for £ matched giving. After raising over £2,000 for the Gambia Horse and Donkey Trust/Calums Road trip in 2010 they also refused to pay out on a minor technicality.:(

I will continue to fight to get the £750 but any goodwill and positive PR for Barclays has been lost by their mean attitude. I have to be careful what I post as firstly, I have sent them a link to this site, and secondly they pay my pension but I am extremely pissed off that they are acting like this.:mad:

Anyway, I made sure that UKGSer got full credit for the fund raising. The cheque is presented on behalf of UKGSer as clearly shown.

Glad to see the charity getting this Sid. It's disappointing that Barclays are being so mean spirited though, especially since you were displaying their name so prominently for that publicity shot.

Is that the sum without the Barclays "donation"?

You provided a great weekend and a good time for the Airheaders and raised a load of money for a good cause: Well done Sid :clap :clap :clap :beerjug:

Just had an update today!

The £750 is being transferred finally and will be in the local charity's account by next Wednesday.

I never give up.:)

They have made their plans for the groups holiday in May this year and more people are able to attend. I have been volunteered to drive the minibus all week but I wouldn't miss it for the world. There are some special things in this life but being entrusted to look after these wonderful people for a whole week is hard to beat. No matter how bad their physical or mental disabilities, they all remain positive and determined to have a great time.

Thanks again to all who came last June. I can assure you that the money could not go to a better cause. And not a single penny goes on admin. 100% goes to the people who need it without any TV adverts asking for £3 a month or paying any Chief Execs £150k pa.

Well done to you Sid. I had missed the initial post and am happy to read that Barclays have finally come through with the money.

Hat doffed here Sir. :clap:clap:clap

Well done Sid. I can understand the banks not letting go of their money untill every "i" is dotted and "t" crossed, especially in these times of close scrutiny. Good man for keeping at them though.

Back
Top Bottom