Show us your Crosstourer

I see you went for the Honda cases too mate, how's the wife finding them on the back ?

No problem, but I still might look at putting a back pad on to make it even more comfortable for her. Suffice to say she absolutely hated the S10 but on our first run out on the Crosstourer to the Donnington BSB she treated herself to a new Shoei helmet, and was talking about future trips, enough said really.
It just means a lot to me that after 30 years we can once again share miles together.
When I took one out for a test ride the dealer insisted that I take Deb with me, and it worked.........:thumb

I have just done 18,000 miles on mine in 12 months two up change the top box for one with a back pad and thats it, perfect:clap

You make the mistake of thinking that I know what you are on about! I have tried photobucket and lose the images, I am not very computer savy, I switch it on use mainly for word processing and a trawl of the net and switch off! Bear with me I will try again tomorrow:nenau

I think that worked first picture is taken at the great fourstone on the Slaidburn to Ingleton road. Second one on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula with the Isle of Skye in the background. Crosstourer SE with adventure kit, DAB radio Zumo 660 spotlights, rad guard, airseats and sheepskin cover, padded topbox and other bits. 18,600 miles in 12 months.

Certainly be interested in hearing how you get on over lengthy mileage.....:thumb

ok here is my 2ps worth.
did about 1200 miles over 3/4 days,the last day about 500 in the saddle.this is only my opinion so dont take offence if you disagree.
i am comparing this to my last bike[12gsa]
brakes,seem better than the gs,although my last bike didnt have abs.
accelaration,better than the gs especially for quick overtakes,goes from sixty to a ton very quick.
comfort.perhaps a little lower pegs may help,but didnt get off looking like john wayne.
luggage,its got givi plastic boxes,i prefer the alloy ones.
fuel consumption,late forties although i wasnt hanging around,especially the 500 mile run.
well built bike and being a honda,will probably run for ever.but,a little soulless like most hondas.even took it down a few trails and seem to cope ok.i will probably keep it for a year or two,but one day go back to a gsa[hopefully they may have sorted the problems out by then]. j

This should be fun......

I'm due to go and sign on the dotted line for a Crosstourer Highlander tomorrow. I'm looking at a black version, BUT I have been told by someone on the Crosstourer forum to make absolutely sure you can pick the bike up on your own before you even think of getting one.

He says he bought one and theres no way in hell he could ever pick it up on his own, so wonder what you would do on a road in the middle of nowhere with no passing traffic, apart from phone the breakdown services and explain your problem, but whether they would come out to help you is a different matter as its not strictly a breakdown. Any of you new CrossTourer owners wanna show us how big n strong you are by posting a Youtube clip and linking it to here??? . I'm told there are a variety of ways to pick up a dropped bike, but so far never had to, touch wood.

Oh yeah and whats the consensus of opinion on fuel consumption.???? I know wideparting says 40-ish, just wondered if anyone else was getting anything different.......

Back
Top Bottom