Show us your Crosstourer

I know it’s subjective, but how comfortable is the TT seat or long in the saddle before numb bum strikes ?
My chum is considering the TT seat, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know it’s subjective, but how comfortable is the TT seat or long in the saddle before numb bum strikes ?
My chum is considering the TT seat, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would not call it comfortable. But it just sort of does the job. You don’t feel your sitting on a plush seat. But it’s not uncomfortable either.
The Standard seat feels better if you just sit on the bike to check it out.

The Touratech seat is quite firm. Not sure, but think the tall version is the most comfortable as I guess it has more padding to give it the height. You can move position quite easily. It’s well made. Supplied without the rubber buffers that fit on the underside, so you either take them off your standard seat or pay Honda around £45 for a set. This one has only been on the bike a few hundred miles. But I’ve had another tall and a medium Touratech Seat last year. They do need breaking in. Bit like Corbin.

Infact Corbin now make a seat for the Crosstourer. Sargent don’t. Top Sellerie is another option.

Getting back to the Touratech seat. It’s a lot of money to spend if it’s not going to work for you. I would tell your mate to keep an eye out for a used one. Usually around £250. If it doesn’t suit, you can sell it on easily enough.

Only problem with that is, if your looking you won’t find one. You then buy a new one and a used one appears.

Nutty. You were wrong.
Over 4 months later and still have the 2nd Crosstourer.
It now has a different Zumo sav nav. Different Touratech tall seat. Footrests and Latest Honda spec Akropovic Silencer and white barkbuster handguards. About £1800 of nice accessories. On top of what accessories I had already fitted. Plus some were on the bike when purchased. Really Love this bike! Wants for nothing.

However. Need to bolt things to it to stop getting bored.

I guess I will keep it a bit longer for now.

How does your akra sound , any different ?

And Corbin will alter theirs for you at no additional charge. I had them raise the riders bucket 1/2” for me. That, along with the fact the back of their seat’s riders bucket is around an inch farther back, really relaxed my knee angle. It’s a vast improvement over stock.

Nutty. You were wrong.
It now has a different Zumo sav nav. Different Touratech tall seat. Footrests and Latest Honda spec Akropovic Silencer and white barkbuster handguards. About £1800 of nice accessories. On top of what accessories I had already fitted. Plus some were on the bike when purchased. Really Love this bike! Wants for nothing.

Are you running veejays settings Nick ?
I’ve tried them and I think I’m going to change it back , fitted some S21’s and since I altered the rear I’ve found it steps out a bit more than before when pushed a bit too hard .
Anyone noticed this ?
I could be riding like a tit could certainly amount to some of the blame

I spent the day fitting a pile of parts to my mates new CT. Fender extender, hugger, rad guard, crash bungs, tank pad and Givi racks with boxes. The Givi handguard extensions haven’t turned up and he’s had to return the AS3 Performance alloy skid plate as they didn’t state in their blurb that it doesn’t fit a CT if it has the optional centre stand fitted. Of course, I wasted about an hour stripping parts and fitting the brackets before noticing the plate doesn’t fit with said stand. :blast

Are you running veejays settings Nick ?
I’ve tried them and I think I’m going to change it back , fitted some S21’s and since I altered the rear I’ve found it steps out a bit more than before when pushed a bit too hard .
Anyone noticed this ?
I could be riding like a tit could certainly amount to some of the blame

Oops. Sorry just seen this.

I tried veejays settings on my previous Crosstourer. Wasn’t that impressed to tell the truth. Everyone on the Honda forum was raving about how good it was. Well it wasn’t.

So didn’t bother with this bike. Unless the suspension is really bad, I just sort of adapt to whatever a bike is set to.

Yes I found the same and changed it back too.
Not getting on with the bike though so it’s going , probably my shortest ownership I think .
Love the DCT but the weight was an issue for me.

Nutty. You were wrong.

Hi Nick,
I'm looking at a 2016 Highlander DCT (but I think it's a 2015 model)
Could you let me know what the footrests and skidplate are that you have fitted in this shot ??

Also, is there any info on fitting a de -cat set of headers to go with the Akra ??

Does anyone know if the new 2016 - screen mechanism can be retrofitted to the older model??

Cheers,
Keith.

I know the screen can’t be fitted , it’s totally different.
Well not easily anyway

Still got my 2015 DCT CT it’s a keeper, It looks like the bash plate is a SW Motech, same as mine, I also have foot pegs from same company john

I know the screen can’t be fitted , it’s totally different.
Well not easily anyway
I know the screens are not compatible....... I was thinking is it possible the change the whole mechanism.....the new version onto the older bike (I understand I would be raped by the Honda parts dept)

from my G8 ThinQ

Still got my 2015 DCT CT it’s a keeper, It looks like the bash plate is a SW Motech, same as mine, I also have foot pegs from same company john
The plate looks a little different to what's on the SW Motech website.
Maybe John has had it powder coated.

from my G8 ThinQ

Also, has anyone gone to the trouble of painting the Honda luggage black.....and if so, how did it turn out ??

Just seen this.
Footrests are SW Motech. There nice. Cost around £140.

Sump guard is the Hepco & Becker. That’s around £200.

Picked this up in Leeds last Thursday and rode it to Holyhead.
It's now Irish
4f1498a8f7cc88552fd783157326c9b2.jpg
7942dfa1bf04eeac6fd308816255c752.jpg
b547872f6618859bbffb7ada80faeda5.jpg

from my G8 ThinQ

I’ve never posted mine in here . 2nd gen DCT Highlander with the 3 piece Honda luggage that sits in the loft in bubble wrap. Only did the Camo for one year and it was the first one to have the all black engine & driveshaft etc which I prefer. The only other colour scheme I really like is the one that “younger” has bought in the post above :thumb2

Attachments

• 92B0D40F-6D33-4372-9A05-2E8EDD5659A5.jpg
    92B0D40F-6D33-4372-9A05-2E8EDD5659A5.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 389
  • 9CD1B028-B554-4D3F-BF74-7F2B688E1C15.jpg
    9CD1B028-B554-4D3F-BF74-7F2B688E1C15.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 358
  • BC24C20A-9E29-4691-9F01-06B05C5704E2.jpg
    BC24C20A-9E29-4691-9F01-06B05C5704E2.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 361
I’ve never posted mine in here . 2nd gen DCT Highlander with the 3 piece Honda luggage that sits in the loft in bubble wrap. Only did the Camo for one year and it was the first one to have the all black engine & driveshaft etc which I prefer. The only other colour scheme I really like is the one that “younger” has bought in the post above :thumb2
Did you get your Givi mounting plate powder coated or did you spray it yourself??
Also what screen is that in the photos?

from my G8 ThinQ

Back
Top Bottom