Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Crosstourer

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Show us your Crosstourer

Picked up my Highlander today and I love it. That engine is an absolute gem and has all day comfort. Really looking forward to putting the miles on her.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

nice had a good look around one of these the other day nicely put together
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
    I am confused in the naming of the bikes, it looks lovely but is it the 700 twin?
    Confirmation please, well wear
    Keep it Fluffy...
    Honda Varadero 2001..
    check out my way of life http://www.balooz.com
    check out my divesite http://www.cluin.com
    check out my motoguide site http://www.motomunster.com

700 twin. Yes. Except there's two of them. And each pair is only 600. Arranged in V formation.

I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    I am confused in the naming of the bikes, it looks lovely but is it the 700 twin?
    Confirmation please, well wear
    It's the V4 1200 from the VFR, but tuned more for tour than sport, it's a gorgeous engine, turbine smooth and a very torquey an absolute peach.

Quote Originally Posted by Photoguy View Post
    700 twin. Yes. Except there's two of them. And each pair is only 600. Arranged in V formation.

I want one!
    .....definitely recommend you give one a try, you won't be disappointed......

had a sit on one at SIlverstone - great looking bike, would certainly take one over a GS (if I could afford it)

Trying one tomorrow and then the KTM

Fastest colour as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dave56 View Post
    .....definitely recommend you give one a try, you won't be disappointed......
    They are still beyond my price range. Had to buy a GS instead. 5 years on a V4, love the engine.

i bought one[12 reg dct] 4 weeks ago,cant get on with it,nothing wrong with it just prefered my gsa. anyone got a 12 reg gsa they want to swap with mine.im not joking.

Tried the DCT today in horrible winds with drizzle so not the best experience. Took about 30 minutes to learn how to use the DCT effectively and decided, IMHO, it is best left in manual. At first it was no smoother than a normal manual but once I got the hang of it it was smoother than a really smooth thing, wife on the back had no idea I was changing other than the engine note. Full power up changes were amazing and so was the down changing to get the engine braking. Talking of the engine, it was fantastic, lots of power anywhere in the rev range. Kept the gearbox in manual even in town and found it a revelation, I think it is the future. The bike itself is similar to a GS in many ways but missing the nice bits like ESA, heated grips, handlebar buttons for the computer etc. Seat was crap, screen was crap (what is the touring screen like? Givi Airflow?) and the topbox looked like some sort of rent boys visiting bag, I imagine

Anyone played with the suspension? Seemed rock hard to me and I like it set up for comfort.

Slow speed manoeuvres, no problem, non at all, amazingly easy just cover and use the back brake.

Then I went and tested the Aprilia Caponord, shouldn't have done that, still smiling

I see you went for the Honda cases too mate, how's the wife finding them on the back ?

I thought about one of these, then bought a Super Tenere.
    I hope it's as good as it looks, keep us informed !

Currently on 450 miles and absolutely loving everything about the Crosstourer, the comfort, handling and oh boy that engine, it's a complete gem and I can't wait for it to be bedded in.
    I have to say Kneeslider, although I enjoyed the S10 the smile on my face after riding the Crosstourer is far wider and lasts a lot longer.
    The build quality is first class, everything just looks quality and works as it should, this is a bike that I intend to keep and continue to enjoy.
    The wife has not had a chance to try the pillion yet, hopefully this weekend so I'll report back her findings.
    So anyone out there thinking about the Crosstourer I encourage you to try one ASAP.........

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Here's mine:-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast