weak led on cluster

DA1ES

Reaction score
my right turn indication on the instrument panel has become very weak, so weak that its not visible.
i took the clock apart and now realize that its not a bulb that's gone as the led is built onto the circuit board.
any ideas would be greatly appreciated :thumb2

Looks like its staying dim then ,
I was pushing it just taking it apart.
Thanks for the advice tho

Looks like its staying dim then ,
I was pushing it just taking it apart.
Thanks for the advice tho

Mine does it

Common fault only with right turn tell tale

Some days it starts off not working & during the day it returns to full power

At the moment it's working :)

Hi, my G650 has recently developed this fault. I thought all cluster lights had to work to pass MOT so I have had a look at this today. Sure enough there was corrosion on the pcb. I cleaned as mush as I could and re-assembled everything. This did not fix this issue. Although all LEDs are far brighter and I was hugely relieved for the problem not to be any worse.

Anyone know how to find replacement LEDs that I could swap out on the pcb. All the ones I found came with mounting cradles rather than direct mount LEDs.

I have also seen the other post about the broken wire so I will have a go with a multi meter to see if power is getting to the led.

Cheers.

A while back I had one of mine repaired for the exact same fault by Nova Electronics
Seem to remember it cost about £35.00
It tends not to be the LED itself but the PCB track feeding it , see pictures below of the repair to mine :

Nova Electrics
700-702 Attercliffe Road
Sheffield
S9 3RP

Telephone : 0114 244 7257

Thanks Nicholson, I'll get in touch with Nova. Did the picture upload, I am not seeing one.

I might enquire about waterproofing the pcb at the same time.

Pictures came up on a different computer tonight. I'll get in touch with Nova this week.

Thanks Nickolson. Had my pcb repaired by Nova, £45 pound inclusive of return postage. They also turned it around in under a week. I applied a plasticoat to the pcb to give water resistance before re-fitting and ran a bead of silicone all round the housing on re-assembly.

All working as normal now.

Thanks Nickolson. Had my pcb repaired by Nova, £45 pound inclusive of return postage. They also turned it around in under a week. I applied a plasticoat to the pcb to give water resistance before re-fitting and ran a bead of silicone all round the housing on re-assembly.

All working as normal now.

Good news :)

Back
Top Bottom