100k on my 1200

Agree with you and Steppers also about the mechanical sympathy ... I can hear, I can feel, what mood she's in. She's been razzed round der Nürburgring, mountain passes, deserts and mountain trails, but always with an ear to what she's saying :rob

:beerjug:

another good reason to live with a bike for the long term instead of trading in for the latest , shiney :thumb2

Top Man:bow

Im on 88k at mo on my 05,

3 sets of pads though ! I do a set a year but I do like to brake heavy occasionally:bounce1 steptoes discs all round they are great with ferodo sintered pads.

Im on original clutch, fd at 65k, drive shaft at 82k.

I like to wheelie it a lot, never ever wash it, it gets serviced once a year and it loves to be ridden.:clap

100k and then maybe a new one who knows:nenau

I don't keep a record of what I spend on the bike but here's what I've done. All the miles have done by myself.

The bike lives outside under a cover and gets washed occasionally. never been on an optimate or pampered like that. She's been ridden in pretty harsh environments and everything from + 50 degrees to -10 degrees and has never failed me out on the road. She's been hammered up and down the Dalton Highway 4 times, been on some pretty tough dirt roads and just soaks it up.

Serviced by Clarks until end of warranty then fettled by Steptoe, Jonno at ABW and myself.
Final drive propshaft failed at 19k and changed under warranty
2 FD rebuilds. The 1st at 73k because I thought I should and not because it was knackered. The 2nd at 90k because the rear wheel went out of true on an Alaskan trip last year and it was 10,000 miles before I could get it sorted and I just figured that there must have been bearing damage in there.
Clutch change at 73k again because I just figured she needed it. Turns out the plates were about half worn.
Gearbox failure at 73k and second hand one bought from Sherlocks. The dog clutch failed and destroyed the innards. I've not heard of this before or since.
3 batteries and now on a Motobatt. None have failed though and I change them when I detect a weakness on starting.
She is on her second set of discs and I think I'm on my 3rd set of pads which are still good after 3 trips to Alaska and about 30k.
I don't standardise on tyres and shove on whatever I can get at a good price or used off here. I have K60's on at the moment which are superb but have a set of second hand Dunlop Trailmax sitting here ready to go on as and when.
I always use Putoline 20/50 engine oil and change it every 6/8000 miles as well as the FD oil.
I have Ohlins suspension all round and a power commander 111 which is set up for lots of torque.

That's about it I think:thumby:

Well done mate. I have some miles to go, and a few things to learn from you methinks :bow
What's your plan now? Another 100k?

It's true, he even showed me the mileage at Ullapool on Saturday, congrats:thumby: How many times did you do that over the weekend:augie

I wish you all the very best but can I be the first one to say I couldn't give a flying fuck how many miles you've completed?

My Dad did 100k in his Dacia Sandero you don't see him bragging about driving his 1.2 litre Romanian supermini:blast

I wish you all the very best but can I be the first one to say I couldn't give a flying fuck how many miles you've completed?

My Dad did 100k in his Dacia Sandero you don't see him bragging about driving his 1.2 litre Romanian supermini:blast[/B]

So tell us please what you've done that we shouldn't give a Flying Fuck about :D

:comfort

My Dad did 100k in his Dacia Sandero you don't see him bragging about driving his 1.2 litre Romanian supermini:blast[/B]

So tell us please what you've done that we shouldn't give a Flying Fuck about :D

:comfort

I've been tackling a problematic groin fungal infection, seemingly resistant to the charms of Caneston. My attempts to rectify it using the old favourite, chemical warfare stylee Head and Shoulders has been partially successful, however the active ingredient is toxic enough to have burnt all the hairs from the adjacent bollock.

Could you possibly care less;):D

For us is more easy
5yju6a7y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I can't believe how utterly irresponsible you are doing that kind of mileage. What where you thinking!!!

I just past by my local BMW dealer. He has a 2012 1200GS Rallye that he has just taken in on a trade in against a new WC. It's owner had clocked up an eye watering 800 miles in the 15 months he has owned it!!! and it's got luggage :bow

Now apparently he traded it in for all the right reasons as the salesman told me he needed to change it as all his mate have now got the WC :D

I hope your ashamed of yourselves :rob

Neil

Mine's a mere baby with just over 44K on the clock (not all mine sadly).

A thought about that gearbox failure - was it rattling in neutral with clutch lever out before it blew up?

Mine's a mere baby with just over 44K on the clock (not all mine sadly).

A thought about that gearbox failure - was it rattling in neutral with clutch lever out before it blew up?

No mate, it happened at about 80mph:eek It jumped out of 6th so I dropped her into 5th no problem. When I engaged 6th again it sounded like a box of bits which it was by that time. The dog clutch had broken and lunched the whole bloody thing!

Lovely. :eek:

Mine has the no clutch neutral rattle - end float apparently. I will get it sorted but it rides and shifts fine and Im just too busy ATM to do without the bike.

I can't believe how utterly irresponsible you are doing that kind of mileage. What where you thinking!!!

I just past by my local BMW dealer. He has a 2012 1200GS Rallye that he has just taken in on a trade in against a new WC. It's owner had clocked up an eye watering 800 miles in the 15 months he has owned it!!! and it's got luggage :bow

Now apparently he traded it in for all the right reasons as the salesman told me he needed to change it as all his mate have now got the WC :D

I hope your ashamed of yourselves :rob

Neil
With all due respect it was their money to spend how they like, it also gave someone a 2nd hand bargain , win- win :D

Back
Top Bottom