Swingarm spindle greasing

SteveM

Extreme dog owner
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently put a new swingarm spindle in the G450X after the original seemed to get badly scored perhaps due to lack of grease , very probably my own fault for not greasing it often enough, or indeed ever. :D

However, after inspecting the new spindle I realised it was hollow with 2 grease holes in it along its length making it easy to grease the spindle without taking it out every time, but only if you've got the right type of grease gun - which I don't have.

To solve this problem I modified a cap headed bolt by drilling a small hole right through its length, then rounding out the hex head with a larger drill bit, then screwed a regular grease nipple into the cap. Instant BMW 'special tool' for greasing the swingarm.

I'm considering making and selling them for around £200 each inc VAT and postage, whad'ya think :rolleyes:

IMG_1173_zpscd73c4e2.jpg

IMG_1171_zps9e75f1b7.jpg

Personally, Id think £199 inc would be a much more attractive price.;)

Does the price include some ankle protectors?:D

The threads are recessed too deep into the spindle, the threads on the grease nipple couldn't get started.
The setup shown in the photos isn't permanent, once you've greased everything you take the "tool" out and replace it with the proper cap headed bolt for a flush finish. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom