East Mids. Winter Rally - 11th & 12th January 2014 ~

there will be a road run,arkwright has kindly offered to lead a run round the countryside on tarmac:thumby:

Cheers arkwright :thumby:, are you camping or making a day visit?

Nor an S10 on similar tyres....

So will you be riding down from Glasgow now? must be worth the 400 odd miles to camp behind a pub and ride the Vale for a few hours :nenau Or was it you just needed to tell us you had a S10 on road tyres :rolleyes:

If you could give us an indication of the Road route that would be good. I'm working until 1000 hrs on the Saturday & need to be back in my cell by 1600 but would be good to try & hop on somewhere along the way, if only for a brew, a buttie, a chat & to give Snr. Nimrod his Christmas prezzie. Might come in the car though if it's cold/wet/icy.

quick update,i can confirm that the venue is sorted:beerjug:
THE WHEEL INN,
13 MAIN ST
BRANSTON
GRANTHAM
LINCS
NG32 1RU

we have camping for upto @ 30 peeps
tom,the landlord will set aside the skittle ally room for us,and we can have a bonfire:thumby:
also ,we will have breakfast on Saturday morning,and a two course meal on Saturday night.:D(veggie option will be offered also)
any one wanting food on arrival on Friday,shout up and i will book a table for all of us.
if wanted bacon cobs on sunday can be arranged(again shout up)
the pub serves batemans beers,and local brews,as well as quality wines etc
I will confirm the costs after I have clarified a couple of details.
for the time being just book your intention to join us, I will sort food bookings nearer the time.
mike:D:D:beerjug:

quick update,i can confirm that the venue is sorted:beerjug:
THE WHEEL INN,
13 MAIN ST
BRANSTON
GRANTHAM
LINCS
NG32 1RU

we have camping for upto @ 30 peeps
tom,the landlord will set aside the skittle ally room for us,and we can have a bonfire:thumby:
also ,we will have breakfast on Saturday morning,and a two course meal on Saturday night.:D(veggie option will be offered also)
any one wanting food on arrival on Friday,shout up and i will book a table for all of us.
if wanted bacon cobs on sunday can be arranged(again shout up)
the pub serves batemans beers,and local brews,as well as quality wines etc
I will confirm the costs after I have clarified a couple of details.
for the time being just book your intention to join us, I will sort food bookings nearer the time.
mike:D:D:beerjug:

:beerjug: Nice one...Not to far to freeze my bollocks off and close enough to discover new ground:cool:

Been thinking about a winter rally so book me down provisionally- will confirm ASAP
Cheers

So will you be riding down from Glasgow now? must be worth the 400 odd miles to camp behind a pub and ride the Vale for a few hours :nenau Or was it you just needed to tell us you had a S10 on road tyres :rolleyes:

Such cutting wit. I've ridden further to camp in a field for a few hours riding and a pint or few so yes, I am considering this. I'll be looking forward to meeting the meatspace you.

Such cutting wit. I've ridden further to camp in a field for a few hours riding and a pint or few so yes, I am considering this. I'll be looking forward to meeting the meatspace you.

Nice one, will be nice to catch up :)

If you need somewhere warm to crash for the night either side of the event let me know.

Andres

Can I just join you for a drink please. Is it allowed? I'll be buggered if I'm camping with you lot! :D especially in January :eek

Ok, Ill commit and since Ill be coming ALL the way from the saarf...... I could get there at a hump (weather depending) Friday by 7 ish pm, or saturday morning 10 ish. Road ride must be offered for me to make the trek. No need for speed but at good ride and a longish run with lunch and tea stops in between (120 miles?) Is that acceptable? Ill bring me own cider...lol

+1 for road ride :rob

1100 on Tourances, not the best mudplugger...:rolleyes:

The B6047 has got to be worth a viewing in the crisp January frost and/or snow ?

CoGS

Ok, Ill commit and since Ill be coming ALL the way from the saarf...... I could get there at a hump (weather depending) Friday by 7 ish pm, or saturday morning 10 ish. Road ride must be offered for me to make the trek. No need for speed but at good ride and a longish run with lunch and tea stops in between (120 miles?) Is that acceptable? Ill bring me own cider...lol

That'll be down to me then, better put the brain in gear then.......................................but........................................it'll be done at Airhead speed.................in this part of the world!

Well, I was looking forward to going out for a ride on this event, however, I may have changed my mind.

Not wishing to sound too precious, I thought that it might be nice for GSs to go for an off road ride, and, if you don't have a GS, bring what you have. (Various exceptions apply) But as it seems most are going to be using their super slim, lightweight, fettled, helium lightened off road 'tools' for the job, I'm a little put off as to the suitability of the tracks and trails for my G/S.

So, in order to prevent me from having an Elton John style hissy fit on the weekend, I am going to opt out of the off road ride and join Arkwright on his Airhead Tour of Lincolnshire and the East.

:beerjug:

Well, I was looking forward to going out for a ride on this event, however, I may have changed my mind.

Not wishing to sound too precious, I thought that it might be nice for GSs to go for an off road ride, and, if you don't have a GS, bring what you have. (Various exceptions apply) But as it seems most are going to be using their super slim, lightweight, fettled, helium lightened off road 'tools' for the job, I'm a little put off as to the suitability of the tracks and trails for my G/S.

So, in order to prevent me from having an Elton John style hissy fit on the weekend, I am going to opt out of the off road ride and join Arkwright on his Airhead Tour of Lincolnshire and the East.

Probably a good idea, as the green lanes in the area are particularly muddy & greasy & a GS will be a handful - not something I would do -
In fact, If Mikeyboy does the job I think he'll do for me, I'll be doing them on an ultralight XT250, rather than my 650 X Country :D

I feel sure you will be fine on the green lane run on your g/s:augie:augie:augie:augie
I will be tail end Charlie ,so I get to see all the mayhem:thumby:

I have some more details for the intrepid campers:thumb
the cost of the weekend will be; £25 this will include,
camping for both nights,
breakfast Saturday morning,
two course evening meal on Saturday night.
which I think is a damn good deal:D
as previously stated tom will do us bacon cobs on sunday ,(let him know on the Saturday night)
if we need a chemical loo this will be extra
although I have not been asked by tom ,I think it would show goodwill for us to pay in advance for the weekend:thumb2
so he is not out of pocket if the weather turns and folk start crying off.:augie
hopefully you will all be in agreement with this.
mike

Back
Top Bottom