Picnic in the Park 1st December 2013

Harry Nicholson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just received this request from the TRF , can you help also ?

Cheers

Harry

To All trail riders and Drivers.

This coming Sunday we are planning a Picnic in the Park, to be held in the picnic area on Cherpit and Leys lane near Longstowe.

Meeting point Picnic Site is on Cherpit Lane at the junction with Leys Lane (Grid Ref: SK 189 728).

When we arrive I expect the lane to be blocked very early on by a farmer doing vital work and I expect the police to be there moving people on because they do not want to obstruct the main road, and at the end of the day the Anti's will be claimimg a victory over the evil enemy trailbikers and 4 x 4 drivers. The normal Press won't be interested other than to write up a bit on Friday and another bit on Monday because they don't work Sunday's.

After each setback at the hands of the PDNPA we say that we have learnt that being "nice and gentlemanly" does not get us anywhere so we threaten to take our collective gloves off, roll up our collective sleeves and give the Authority what for......we then back off at the last minute and huddle in groups, having a chat about all the bad people, the lanes that are gone and previous trips we have enjoyed, maybe have a few conversations with the authorities and go home with a warm feeling because we feel that this time the message has got through.

Bollocks, it's all bollocks........all we are doing is deluding ourselves.

We have every right to use Leys lane and every other lane in the country and its about time we stood up and said so.

Make a big enough fuss and the press will be there, if not this time, then next time. Get it on the front pages or on national TV and they will have to ask us why and we can tell them. The Peak District National Park Authority is discriminating against us and they are changing the rules as they go along to achieve it.

We need to be there in numbers at first light, make a noise and stand our ground and if anyone stands in our way then confront them because they are the ones breaking the law.

I am calling on every trailrider and 4 x 4 driver that wants to continue riding/driving the trails legally to be there in person on Sunday 1st of December and tell the Authority and the government that the lanes are our right, our Fathers and Grandfathers fought for them and, if need be, we are going to have to do the same.

Now please put this on every forum, get all your mates out......i dont care who they ride/drive with only that they want to be able to ride legally on the lanes given to us and now being taken away.

Mike Irving
Communications Director TRF

Back
Top Bottom