HP2 enduro. What are they like to live with ?

I owned both the HP2 and the KTM 950. Both of them nicely fixed up and the KTM is long gone but I still have the HP2. I didn't like the way the KTM carries the weight real high while with the HP2 the weight is low.

+1 !!!

Only use my SE on road but it's my favourite bike for that purpose I've ever had.And that includes KTM 950 Adv,and all GSs,1100,1150ADV,1200ADV etc etc.

I owned the HP2 and the KTM 950SE at the same time. The KTM is long gone while the BMW remains. The KTM carries it's weight to high for me while the HP2 carries it's weight iow. Big difference.

Funny, I’m in the other camp, still own and love my SE.
Would I buy another HP2? If the right bike came along but they are as already mentioned chalk and cheese.
I guess one thing to check is cracked swing arms, seems to be more than a few cases reported.

I guess one thing to check is cracked swing arms, seems to be more than a few cases reported.

I found mine to be cracked after I bought it - Well it was Mike at Overland & Classic who actually spotted and also arranged for the repair (weld), a straight forward job.

While off-roading with a group which included a SE we had a swap - For me the SE felt noticeably smaller and less intimidating than my HP2

I owned the HP2 and the KTM 950SE at the same time. The KTM is long gone while the BMW remains. The KTM carries it's weight to high for me while the HP2 carries it's weight iow. Big difference.

Depends entirely where and how you ride - i too had both at once
The 950 can and will bite - it has a 690 like chassis set up - so shorter and sharper steering than a 990 or 950 adv
The 950 is way better at most narrow uk off road
I prefer the hp2 as it is softer and more forgiving - and the traction is awesome
Chalk and cheese

Back
Top Bottom