Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P-Line Tuning Chip 2001 ABS 1150GS

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Did it do anything for the roll on and off at low speed? That is my main concern with the mods. Right now around the town I'm having to really roll in and out with the clutch a lot to control the major off throttle jerks in second. I'd say 15-20 are the worst points. Other than the weight the bike is perfect, but that snap as it cuts the fuel as you come off can be brutal in traffic situation.

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I found the off idle response was always a bit sharp on 1150s. I can't recall it being improved by the mods. I just got used to it In the end.

The 1200 FI is miles better in this respect.
    Ready To >> Rest

Don't tell me that! I tried a 1200 for weight today as the guy who had it was amazed how heavy the 1150 is.. It's just yet another reason to move up the way! Suppose I had better start trying to get some freelance work to stash cash to make it happen at this rate

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by scrichton View Post
    Thanks Carlos, I will Have to go and see if I can find a supplier now.

Martyn, from all accounts the GS cat is incredibly restrictive. It seems to be that only in the last couple of years companies have managed to make near free flow catalysts within reasonable cost, or maybe they have managed to optimise the palladium and platinumn stages to work with a higher surface area without having to be in a screen like filter.
    I totally agree about the cat issue. That will make a noticeable difference. Good luck with what ever you decide.

I've got the cat replaced with (I think) the wunderlic(sp) system to remove the cat. It was too feckin' loud so now it has a second short carbon silencer and is better.
    BB chip and for a time the air filter lead thingy
    It now has a much larger air intake and a K&N (K&N as I had it, happy with OEM).

Still loud and with the chip is is all go to 85-90mph then gutless and max mph of 105 where it drinks like a lord (18mpg ) and incinerates the Touratwat 2L oil bottle on the end of the pannier!

For A/B road scrubbing and avoiding Europe's Auto-routes it is the ideal bike, still does about 38mpg and has lots of grunt....BUT....you do change the parameters of where the bike performs when you change mapping, intake and exhaust. I love it, but getting to Dover or on the motorway it punishes me with a wallet kicking fuel cost.
    AndrewD

Born to ride, forced to work...

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

Thanks for that Andrew, as most of my driving is in the city fuel consumption will always be awful anyway. Not V12 jag awful thank god, but bearable.

I managed to pick up a techlogic 259 module. So this should allow a fair bit of tuning and came in at the same price as these p-line chips.

As I said before the noise won't bother me too much. I had a scrambler before with a straight system and I loved the bark it made and needless to say pedestrians knew I was close by with that

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12