First Wander 2014 - 15 / 16 March

As this is quite an early start, can anyone recommend some cheap digs for the Fri night close ish to the tunnel?
Ta

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last year I stopped overnight for a Wander, prior to the tunnel, in the Chandos Guest House in Folkestone CT20 1DG. Owner is a biker and has designed his front gate to allow motorcycles to enter the front garden and live under the front window overnight. Cheap, clean and cheerful (and showing at £25 for Friday 14th March at the moment on Laterooms http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/87574_chandos-guest-house-folkestone.aspx ), breakfast was good for an extra £4 and was worth it for me, coming down from Yorkshire :thumb2

This is of course assuming you don't fit Robin's criteria!!

Richard, if a bod drops out and a space becomes available please let me know via tx.

Cheers

Phil

ps Appy new year

GS Bloke, you're welcome to stay at my house on the Friday night if you want, I'm about ten mins from the Tunnel. Garage for the bike. Obviously this offer doesn't apply if you're an axe murderer, a predatory pervert or an illegal immigrant!

PM me if you want.
Hi Robin, most kind of you to offer, maybe I should have waited a little longer before paying for digs, maybe next time :thumb2, also my axe is pretty blunt at the moment due to some noisy locals :augie

ditto. done! Booked! Sorry, what does the "passenger experience thing" mean?" Not been on the Chunnel before so bit lost in translation. Do we all meet this side or just board and then meet at the petrol station on t other side?

train booked:
Out Saturday 15 March, train at 08:20

Return Sunday 16 March, train at 18:50
@ £30

dxtans

jinxed it mate....now at 50 squid....not your fault I am sure

Last year I stopped overnight for a Wander, prior to the tunnel, in the Chandos Guest House in Folkestone CT20 1DG. Owner is a biker and has designed his front gate to allow motorcycles to enter the front garden and live under the front window overnight. Cheap, clean and cheerful (and showing at £25 for Friday 14th March at the moment on Laterooms http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/87574_chandos-guest-house-folkestone.aspx ), breakfast was good for an extra £4 and was worth it for me, coming down from Yorkshire :thumb2

This is of course assuming you don't fit Robin's criteria!!

1.Wapping
2. RUS25R
3. adventuredon
4. Mucky Helmet
5. Dxtans and Mrs Dxtans
6. GS Bloke
7. Major Gadget
8. Phil954 (But only because he is incredibly sloooooooooow)

That's it, no more.

Final runners and riders

Final (that's it) list of Wanderers, all in single rooms except dxtans.

1.Wapping
2. RUS25R
3. adventuredon
4. Mucky Helmet
5. Dxtans and Mrs Dxtans (double)
6. GS Bloke
7. Major Gadget
8. Phil954
9. Brenchleyhibs

I think / hope everyone has now booked their train tickets, as I have secured the rooms against my credit card. Securing the rooms works to everyone's advantage as it gives more flexibility on our arrival time at the hotel.

Routes and final joining instructions to be circulated nearer the time.

Richard

Hi Phil. I am tempted to come down the night before but as yet have not made up my mind. I only live in London so I save a few hours but spend a few quid...will make a decision nearer the time, weather dependent. HTH

AdventureDon, I like to save a couple of hours in the morning by staying there, getting up at 7am is much better than 5;30 :D

I find when going on holiday even for a few days I revert to 'child' mode and have difficulty going to sleep, I can't stop imagining the trip,feel the excitement, smell the air, etc.At least in my own surroundings,and in my own bed, I stand a chance of a couple of hours 'sleep' or not, and at 5.30am believe me I am ready to go.Find it also helps me sleep in the 'strange' bed on the first night out.

Back
Top Bottom