Bimble ride out

I showed interest back in November - I have been working away and so only just seen this.:rolleyes:
Can I come on the rideout round the lanes?

I showed interest back in November - I have been working away and so only just seen this.:rolleyes:
Can I come on the rideout round the lanes?

Everyone so welcome, no Wc's in my group please as I won't have my panniers on for all the wet wipes :D

A route reccy will be occurring in the next few weeks.

OOh sounds right challenging does that!!!!!

Err , well its like this see,I'm shit off road (and on road too, some might say) so anything a crossdresser on road tyres might be able to handle is ok with me, but I do like the Yorkshire bit, not keen on Wales , odd really as I'm half Welsh, probably the bottom half though.

Sounds like it might be fun anyway, and I've already booked the sunshine in advance, so there...:augie

Well I did a quick rec of the route today, (will do a group recce in a couple of weeks). Andrew has a great route planned out and I've done a couple of tweaks to stretch it out a bit.
No planned off road, but there are three lanes that people can off road if they choose to, very easy, I did them on tourances today no probs. road riders can continue up the road and meet with the off readers (good pee/smoke break possibly).

I'm happy to ride on road and point people down the lanes, or we can split up the groups with the off readers with me, road riders with Andrew, let me know how many bimblers wish to off road a little and I'll decide from there I guess.

Anyway, spectacular Derbyshire views guaranteed, can we have a big round of applause for Andrew please :clap

My addition included a ford, having done it today I think we will have to miss it. It's very small, but horrendously slippy. The tunnel is still in though so take ya baffles out :D

Just to reiterate this is a bimble Tarmac ride out, we have the option of doing a couple of very easy lanes if some a feeling brave, but for an off road ride MickDB is da man (great company too).

Sounds like Wetton Mill then? Would like to attend if allowed and I'm off work!

Certainly sounds like it and I can vouch for how slippy the ford is as I went arse over tit in it in December, was a bugger trying to pick the bike up :blast

Certainly sounds like it and I can vouch for how slippy the ford is as I went arse over tit in it in December, was a bugger trying to pick the bike up :blast

Correctomundo :D

For such a farty little ford it is unbelievably dangerous :D

Good job I'm feeling charitable and not in a c** tish mood because it would make some great you've been framed video!

Certainly would have done, I was first and went over my mate parked up and waded in to help me pick the bike up. He took 2 steps in the water and went arse over tit as well.

Good job there was no bugger about to capture the moment.

Rode round it today Phil with your additions, did 2 offroad bits ,shhhhhh dont tell the Mrs:green gri Beet Lane was closed for repair.

Put route together in Winter Months.Quite different now with all the leaves on the tree`s . Have taken some teaser photos and will post here.

What a lovely way to spend a sunny Sunday, on me tod,packup. Lovely:thumby:

Aye, Britain's a right shit 'ole innit? :blast

How lucky we are to know better :thumb

Back
Top Bottom