Bimble ride out

Not sure of my plans for Saturday as yet, as i may be heading up to see Rick A. If i'm not going ooop north, i'll likely fancy hooking up with Flipfly's ride, as it was rather good last year.:thumb
Oh, and if there are too many peeps wanting to ride, i can lead a spin up to west Yorks for a mixed grill run on some rather cracking moorland roads, as an alternative.

I'll be joining the masses for the bimble, if there's still room or if not ------ any bimble will suffice :moped:

There is some concern about bimble numbers. Trust me we will be fine and can lead any size of march across the moors :D

Chances are we'll be no more than 2 groups of 10 tops by the time hangovers have taken effect and the weather is either too wet, too warm or just too much like weather.

The drop off system allows for a decent size group to spread over a distance so don't stress about numbers. Most of the ride should be reasonably unpopulated anyway.

Last year was about 10 or 12 per group. Loads of opportunity for those inclined to do rideout this year. All you need to do is turn up, fully fuelled for 120ish miles of gorgeous roads. :bounce1
Julie and I rode 20 miles of it Sunday in that fine rain that soaks you through. The rest wall to wall Sunshine. Look forward to meeting some new folk this weekend.
If anyone arrives early enough on Friday happy to do a run around local from 12ish. Couple of hours int Peak. Need to leave at 4ish to nip home for me Julie.
Post on here if you do.:thumby:

For anyone doing road ride on Saturday with Phil and I , if you want a route copy for your satnav send a pm. Have put it on a memory stick to bring to event,will require someone with laptop/netbook/leads to do the necessary transfer to unit/s:thumby:

OOOOOh forget all that route has loaded thought it might be too big:beerjug::D

Attachments

• STD2RideoutRoute.gdb
    108.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
If anyone arrives early enough on Friday happy to do a run around local from 12ish. Couple of hours int Peak. Need to leave at 4ish to nip home for me Julie.
Post on here if you do.:thumby:

Would love to; however, I don't anticipate arriving until 3pm ish......

For anyone doing road ride on Saturday with Phil and I , if you want a route copy for your satnav send a pm. Have put it on a memory stick to bring to event,will require someone with laptop/netbook/leads to do the necessary transfer to unit/s:thumby:

OOOOOh forget all that route has loaded thought it might be too big:beerjug::D

I have just uploaded it. Worryingly, it seemed to upload with no troubles at all...

Miff, usually a worrying thought when it goes so well

It has been written in mapsource, Phil added a couple of lanes in Basecamp. I have run it in January and in two halves from my end. Then one full run last Sunday from Bills. Glance regularly when there are lots of lanes together keeps you on track. Runs like shit through a goose.:beerjug::D

Joe look for a larger than your average tosser ,R1200gs adv and the most faded orange tent you have seen won't be far away:thumby:

All packed for me and the Mrs just need to lob it all on and:moped::moped::bounce1

That narrows it down a bit.

I'm on a blue/white 1150.

Also I might still be inflating my and Julie's Synmat with the one hand stops air other one pumps, without my Carer with me I might well be cursing and swearing profusely . See you on the morrow. :D

What time are you expecting to leave on Saturday morning? Denise and I can't make Friday night. :(
Mark

Mini Bimble,
Met up with Joe C on here had a gentle ride out for a few miles, lunch at Monyash. The Sunbeam owners club were out in force. Good to see some concourse bikes out and about. Hiding amongst them was a vincent and an Indian 20 0dd bikes:thumby:

Me and Joe parted company and I shot home after a call for some help at home from Julie. Back 7 for 8 ish:bounce1:D.

Vincent

Back
Top Bottom