Lord Stones is back

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://lordstones.com/

This popular venue is back, opening in Spring 2014 and has now expanded, with a cafe, shop and even a licensed bistro/grill restaurant at night now

It also now offers proper camping, with all facilities plus camping pods too

Looks an excellent spot to freqent now and even camp for a night or 2

i was in about a month ago,its all posh now,even got waitress,s

looks all finished to me .looks like the kind of place i would stop off with our lass,if i am out with my mates on the bikes we prefer a greasy spoon type of place

http://lordstones.com/

This popular venue is back, opening in Spring 2014 and has now expanded, with a cafe, shop and even a licensed bistro/grill restaurant at night now

It also now offers proper camping, with all facilities plus camping pods too

Looks an excellent spot to freqent now and even camp for a night or 2

Hmmmm...strokes chin.... :cool:

Popped in today dripping wet take a seat sir we will be with you shortly,,,,
,,,,,,,,,nice porridge,,,,,,,,,organic,,,,,,,,,

Couple came in after walking, could you please take your boots off, leave them out side,

Its normally me that gets ask to leave, so its a nice change.

I've stayed in a Pod elsewhere & these at Lord Stones are luxury in comparison. For 2 people I don't think £60 is overly expensive & of course you pay for the location & uniqueness of it.
The cafe breakfast prices are perhaps a bit high, it's a marketing ploy as a breakfast is a better deal than just toast.
But a sandwich & soup is no different to other decent cafes. The meals are pub prices.
Used to be one of my favourites places to go on a ride out. Friends would moan about the gravel & narrow lanes. I think I'll put it back on the list. Can you still walk to the edge to see the view & to walk up the hill?

Me and SWMBO went up there walking on Friday and called into Lordstones, boy has it changed!

Very upmarket for a cafe, well done out and very polite and accomodating staff

Only had a cuppa and a cake but very nice and averagely priced

Then bought some gooseberry jam in the immaculate farm shop in there :drool

Meals looked ok but perhaps a bit on the small side for the average Tosser :augie

I like it and I'll be back!

Popped in today with the tribe. Very impressed with the new place, its smart. Staff very freindly, nice coffee, good food. Didn't find it any more expensive than other places.

Also on site a little higher up is a smart burger wagon that also sells cake, picnic tables and public loo's adjoining. looks like win win here, what's not to like :thumb2

N54.41975° W1.19327°

Popped in today with the tribe. Very impressed with the new place, its smart. Staff very freindly, nice coffee, good food. Didn't find it any more expensive than other places.

Also on site a little higher up is a smart burger wagon that also sells cake, picnic tables and public loo's adjoining. looks like win win here, what's not to like :thumb2

N54.41975° W1.19327°

Cheers for the update ebbo. The burger van sounds just fine to me.

A burger van that sells cake, picnic tables and public loo's. Now that I must see :)

A burger van that sells cake, picnic tables and public loo's. Now that I must see :)
get yourself out there Bear, take the B1363 from York to Helmsley (Helmsley is a biker meeting place, best cafe is Porters) then take the B1257 road toward Stokesley, turn off at Chopgate, it's a very tight turn. Both roads are crackers!

Popped in last week and very nice it is too. Couldn't believe the change in it really.

I thought the prices were quite reasonable, about 4 quid for a large posh coffee and a huge piece of cake

Nice, the Character as gone, but what a view.
£1.85 for a pot of tea is the going rate, Toasted tea cake was large with plenty of butter and jam. So cold on Saturday so no burger van open.
I'm so pleased they have not implemented a no motorcycle policy as was originally feared, I will be back and its now on my shrinking list of café stops.

Back
Top Bottom