Navigator II problem

Grim Rider

Reaction score
My Navigator II (basically a 2610) has worked perfectly for years but has developed a problem - when turned on the screen loads up but is then blurred as if vibrating and freezes. Have tried cleaning contacts but makes no difference. Thanks for any thoughts.

Do a hard reset, search this section for the info (you press 2 buttons together at same time)

Or disable the remote control function

Info is in here somewhere, do an advanced search

Thanks, meant to say had tried reset, will look into disabling remote control function :thumb2

My 2610 had problems caused by the remote function right from the off. I got rid of it,the remote function that is,even blanked out the little window to the left of the screen and had no further problems. Not sure how you would use the remote on the bike anyway.

If that does not help there are places you can get it repaired, I had a new screen on mine a year or so ago. If needed I could dig out the contact.

Shame not to keep it, with up to date maps mine does everything I need.

John

Thanks, meant to say had tried reset, will look into disabling remote control function :thumb2

1. Press the Menu button.

2. Select "Options"

3. Select the General tab.

4. Press the Menu button again.

5. You will now see the option to disable the remote sensor. Select it.

If disabling the remote doesn't work, though I hope it does, then it could be some grit/road grime between the bezel or bezel gasket and the edge of the touch screen. I had this on my 2720 which is the same form factor as the 2610/NavII.

You can try using a toothbrush to get this out or do as I did and gently strip the unit and clean it properly. IIRC you need a T6 torx for the screws.

Stripped it down and cleaned it all out, all seemed okay until switched it on, just get clear screen. May try changing screen, have a few spares.

I did replace the screen and it worked fine for a few months until started switching itself off randomly and has now died. Does anyone have a contact for someone who still repairs these devices?

Back
Top Bottom