Snugpak Tactical 4

bhud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have been searching for a big sleeping bag was hoping for down but failed :(.

Bought a Snugpak Tactical 4 with the expansion panel £125 panel £24 :thumby:

With a name like bhud I am a larger frame :D

I find the bag massive and look forward to a summer camp in the usual below warm temps up here in bonnie Schottland.

So anybody looking for a big bag consider them.

I will report back on use

I didnt go for the Tactical 3 after reading a review where a guy slept in 0c but had couple of layers but felt the cold, my logic it is easy to regulate you temp by cooling down.

hope this helps.

Morning loon am guessin you'd be a real fat bastard to need 2 panels :D

Does the job
living up in schottland nights get rather brisk! I will be further testing it tomorrow in the lakes. But would suggest the combination of beer and curry sleep will not be an issue.

Obviously it doesn't compress too much that would be my only comment.

A very late post on this subject, but when buying the Snugpak Tactical 4, I found very few reviews online. There was mention here about a review but now follow up.

I was really disappointed with it, and felt that I should leave a review so that others know what they are buying.

The Tactical 4 sleeping bag is supposed to have a comfort rating of -12C and a limit rating of -17C.

I've slept in it at +2C to +4C and find I'm chilly at that. Temperature really has to be around +10C or greater before I'm comfortable in this bag. Below that I have to put on extra layers of clothes and fill my Nalgene bottle with boiling water before going to sleep to avoid being cold in it. (This is inside a tent and sleeping on a Thermarest Neo Air Xtherm max matters---about as warm of a mattress as you can get.)

I really feel that Snugpac sleeping bag temperature ratings are way off. I bought this bag so that I could avoid feeling cold, but it really isn't up to the job.

I was a real disappointment for me. I should have complained at the time. Now this can serve as a warning to others.

Colm

Back
Top Bottom