saturday road rideout.

Is your bike on the road yet?

Although the RT is very nearly on the road, I'm not sure it'll be insured & taxed in time. But it may be... ;)

The GS has meanwhile developed a few more problems, so will probably have to wait 'till early next year.

Although the RT is very nearly on the road, I'm not sure it'll be insured & taxed in time. But it may be... ;)

The GS has meanwhile developed a few more problems, so will probably have to wait 'till early next year.

Sorry to hear your news about the GS. I'll be over to see you next week and you can tell me all about it. I'll text you to find out when it's convenient.

Guys, I'm over in sunny Cleethorpes, what route you thinking of next wknd? You coming over this way at all?

Guys, I'm over in sunny Cleethorpes, what route you thinking of next wknd? You coming over this way at all?

Sid, not wanting to sound pedantic, however, I'm organising the road ride, it's not a general 'Guys' thing. I'm in charge and everyone has to do what I tell them otherwise it will be toys out of the pram time and I'll take my ball home, to concatenate a couple of phrases!!!!

With that understood, I am happy to confirm that we will be venturing over to your neck of the woods.

Our nearest rendezvous point to your location will be Sutton on Sea where we will be having a fish and chip stop and a promenade along the beach. (feel free to bring your cozzies for a dip)

I cannot accurately provide timings but if you see 10 - 12 ugly blokes on predominantly BMW's it's probably us please make yourself known.

Tufty

Sorry about that, the use of the 'Guys' was because the question was open to anyone in the thread. When you said seaside and chip shop I thought you might be over here not further down the coast. Never mind. Please have a safe ride.

Sid,

We're coming very close, and now you've made contact I fully expect you to meet us. In fact, if you don't I'll be very disappointed and may even have to involve my mum. And you don't want that.

Please come out. I'll even pay for your tomato sauce at the chip shop.

Tufty

Well, when you put it like that I'll try and pop down. Let me know what day your coming over and a very rough ETA and I'll see what we've got on.

Sid, not wanting to sound pedantic, however, I'm organising the road ride, it's not a general 'Guys' thing. I'm in charge and everyone has to do what I tell them otherwise it will be toys out of the pram time and I'll take my ball home, to concatenate a couple of phrases!!!!

With that understood, I am happy to confirm that we will be venturing over to your neck of the woods.

Our nearest rendezvous point to your location will be Sutton on Sea where we will be having a fish and chip stop and a promenade along the beach. (feel free to bring your cozzies for a dip)

I cannot accurately provide timings but if you see 10 - 12 ugly blokes on predominantly BMW's it's probably us please make yourself known.

Tufty

And I've got the brush!

You can probably leave the posh bikes at home, I suspect this will be a 1981 Airhead rideout!

Well, when you put it like that I'll try and pop down. Let me know what day your coming over and a very rough ETA and I'll see what we've got on.

Well done. I'm hoping to be there some time between 12.00 and 13.30 (Saturday) but a lot depends on what time we get up.

If you PM me your mobile no. I'll text you when I have an idea of timings. Also, let me know how long you'll need to get to S-o-S.

You can probably leave the posh bikes at home, I suspect this will be a 1981 Airhead rideout!

It will be a high powered ride through the countryside, based on the film Tron. Led by the Silver Machine itself, the BMW R100RT (1983)

As per Mike's update re the change of the organising, we are going to be breakfasting in McDonalds in Grantham aiming to leave at 10.00 - 10.30 at the very latest.

For those camping or staying locally, we will set off to Grantham at 9.00. For those turning up in the morning, you can either turn up at The Wheel ready for 9.00 depart, or, you can meet us at the McDonalds in Grantham (on the A52 Nottingham side of Grantham) for 10.00 depart. (only 10.30 if we're missing someone who is definitely coming)

If you wish, please PM me for my phone number.

If you think of anything I've missed, please let me know.

Oh, and please can you turn up with full tanks ready for the off, then we only need to fill up at the time the bike with the smallest tank stops.

Ta.

U P D A T E

Mistacat had kindly won the prize for spotting that I'm a complete twat.

The McDonalds is on the A52 leaving Grantham towards Boston on Bridge End Road (A52)

Sorry for the confusion.

I will aim to be at the wheel for 8:45, Will I really need 33 litres of fuel? , this is going to be an ace ride out if that's the case (only kidding) looking forward to it

I will aim to be at the wheel for 8:45, Will I really need 33 litres of fuel? , this is going to be an ace ride out if that's the case (only kidding) looking forward to it

I have some points where we can return to base, however, the whole route I've planned is 220 miles. I know I'm going to have to fill up at some point.

Mistacat had kindly won the prize for spotting that I'm a complete twat.

The McDonalds is on the A52 leaving Grantham towards Boston on Bridge End Road (A52)

Sorry for the confusion.

No confusion for Mr Tuftywhite; I shall just follow the leader from the camp site/pub.:D Looking forward to it.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom