Tossers-in-the-Tejeda VII (4th - 11th October 2014) - the final tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
smugshot_1453603-XL.jpg

In short, I can't be arsed to organise any more of these trips so this will be the final year and limited to just 7 riders.

Loads of guys and gals have been on this trip before and most arrive home thoroughly bolloxed, some slightly broken but all beaming big smiles from this full-on week.

You will need your own lightweight trail bike (KTM EXC or similar). We have had a bigger bikes in the past, but, in honesty, they are unsuited.

main.jpg

Your bike and gear will be transported to Andalucia in a self-drive van - which two of our number will drive there and which two of our number will drive back. If you're not in the van, you get yourself to Competa or Malaga airport any way you want. We will have a small hire car for shuttling around.

This year accomodation will be in a rented villa so food will be on an eat-out basis each night (not included). I haven't booked a villa yet, but have an enquiry out on a villa we have used previously (assuming the stairs have been repainted and the duck-shit has been removed).

I have to say that it is extremely unlikely that we'll be allowed back into the National Park but the area has loads of other great trails including:

• The River-bed of Death
  • The Lake of Death
  • The Canyon of Death
  • The Zoo of Death
  • Buggery Bend (of Death)

and several other favourites (of death)! :D

Make no mistake, it's not a week for drinking or riding pussies (although several of least year's crew found a club for that sort of thing) but you don't have to be a riding God either. Anyone who has some trail-riding experience and can prop up a bar should fit in fine.

Costs of bike transport, car hire and villa rental will be around £450. On top of that you will have to pay for:

• your transport to/from Competa or Malaga airport (£££)
  • kitty for bike fuel, coffees etc (£)
  • meals out (££)
  • alcohol (££)

This year, I will want £200 up front.

Who's in?

Greg

villa.jpg

Ooh, look! There's Dr J-M!

Now confirmed that we will be staying once again in this fairly mahoosive villa (private pool, numerous bedrooms, sun terrace, private parking etc) which is about 200m along the road from Alberdini.

:thumb2

Have I scared everybody off?

Where's all the ruffy-tufty trailriders this year?

:nenau

Tempted .... when do the bikes get back to the UK?? The Cambrian 2 day Rally is on the 18th Oct, it would be tight but doable - :blast

The bikes usually are back in the UK during late morning or afternoon of the Sunday - 12 Oct

put me down for a spot,ill chaperone the morally lost

Ha Micky is our leader!!
Anyway had a few beers this afternoon just mentioned to the wife I was going.............. .........

That's gonna hurt tomorrow !

436f3312-7ee2-4552-96f9-e901d692444d.1.10

0ef911b5-8432-4042-98f9-d94b6b2bb265.1.10

edd14939-fd60-4e53-83a1-af359200951f.1.10

A couple of questions for those so far signed up:

• There is no accomodation available in Competa on Friday 3rd October. I can try to book the villa for an extra night or we can all arrive on the Saturday.
  • There's no catering booked at the villa. For breakfasts, we can either go to the Alberdini or have Jenny do us something each morning (not like that Emsley!!)

Thoughts?

Booking a proper fry suits me!!

I've e-mailed about getting the villa for an extra night (Friday 3rd October). More on that when I know.

I've also e-mailed Jenny to get her to quote for morning nourishment ......

IMG_0953.jpg

For those not put off by a week of drinking etc, there is the possibility that we could take two vans - up to 14 bikes - on this trip, as there is plenty of accommodation at the villa I have rented.

But maybe it's too hard-core for some .....

PMs please.

Got to confess I'm a bit tempted Mick!

Richard, you know the form (except, this year, we will be in a huge villa just yards from the Alberdini). I could do with an authority figure to help look after the kids ......

:thumb

greg....no confirmation from richard yet? i see dave is making us sweat,working his way slowly towards confirming his participation.the trip to granada sounds good to me too :thumb2

Got to wait for the right moment before I put it to the missis.
Last time I went I was away for her birthday AND completely forgot about it! :hide:hide

Slight change of holiday plans means i'm now looking for something else to spend my days off doing...this looks good. Would an XChallenge cope? or is it the domain or hardcore enduro type bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom